So, like others thats had this problem, my whammy bar broke off into the trem block, so I was going to replace it with some other tremolo below is a link i found for a regular Strat trem, its just fishy, 14 bucks for the whole set

http://cgi.ebay.com/FOR-STRAT-TREMOLO-BRIDGE-CHROME-TREM-FENDER-GUITAR-NEW_W0QQitemZ280350810292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item414635e0b4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1199|293:1|294:200#ht_1592wt_1165

I was wanting to be able to do dive bombs and such, but I figured it wouldnt work out so good since it would go outta tune, can anyone recommended a cheap floyd that is bolt on or some other one that is fairly cheap, with all the hardware of course

Thanks,
Thrasher
Last edited by RivercrestColts at Aug 1, 2009,
broken link...
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
o woops just thought it would be a click link insted of a copy and paste one. anyways, you should check out gfs they have plenty of strat bridges to look through.

edit: also dont install a floy, not that great, did that to my strat and realized i should just got a new bridge locking tuners and graphite nut.
Quote by AmericanParadox

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Last edited by guitarmankyle at Jul 23, 2009,
Well TS your right that a 14$ trem isnt going to be very good. But spending 100$ or more on a FR for a starcaster plus the routing, and mods for a locking nut isnt a good investment either. Your just not gonna be able to do FR dive bombs with a starcaster, new trem or not. It would go out of tune every dive you tried to do. Save your money for a new better guitar that already has a FR.
yea i think that bridge won't be the best either, but given the guitar you wouldn't want to go spending a ton of money on an OEM fender bridge either, you might as well give the 14$ bridge a try and see how it works out for you.
Schecter C-1 FR Custom
Fender Stratocaster with EMG DG20
Fender Mustang with Hot Rails
ESP Eclipse with EMG81/85
Peavey Triple XXX with 4x12
quite frankly, save-up and buy a new guitar. the starcaster, while a good starter guitar, will not be able to do major dive bombs and such without a SERIOUS overhaul, and at the end of the day, that overhaul isn't worth it. i did such an upgrade to my squier, and while it is much better, i put much more money into it than it's worth or plays.

EDIT: looking at your guitars you have a nice set of gear there already, so i mean, if you feel adventurous and just want a guitar with a whammy bar to screw around with, then sure, do the upgrade, but if you want a guitar to really play and use seriously, save-up and get an ibanez RG or something or other
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Jul 23, 2009,
Yea the next guitar I'm getting is going to have a locking nut and tremolo, but I just want to get it fixed because its my first and it has sentimental value lol. I found one on Guitar Fetish and its 23 bucks and it had the old school saddles so I'll probably put that on it.

Thanks you guys,
Thrasher
Quote by jimmygoff
Why Wud U Put Anything New Onto A Starcaster?

Caps fail...

And he wants to make his guitar play better and get into modding. He can do whatever ever he wants
I ordering it in the morning, so I'll post pics when I get it installed!

I'm thinking about ordering a pre wired humbucker set from Guitar Fetish as well (HSS) with black pickups and tone knobs and white pickguard, does anyone know if they are worth buying (sound, etc)
Quote by jimmygoff

I Used To Type The Same Way,
But Then Realized It Was Very Unefficient,
And Annoyed People.
But seriously. I actually used to type like that.
Except, I didn't type stuff like U or Wud.

From what I've heard, GFS Deosn't make anything good except there pups. I think otherwise though.
..I was watching my death.
GFS have fairly good pickups. Although their pre-wired pickguards do not have their own pickups installed
Quote by guitarcam123
GFS have fairly good pickups. Although their pre-wired pickguards do not have their own pickups installed

Who's pickups are they then? Maybe the dollar store variety?
Quote by guitarcam123
there just some cheap production pickups bought from a factory pre wired into a pickguard

They really aren't that bad though. bought a set of 2 white humbuckers, from the clearance, and they sound great. Well, Great for the price range.
It's the same wring as Seymour Duncan, except the black is ground and green is hot. It's also got the series link, for coil splitting, which I will probably use that, when I add a killswitch, and maybe some sort of on-board effect.
Quote by jimmygoff
cuz hs trmlo rm broek, d00d.

read the OP, man. all the kool kidz are doing it!

Quote by Regensgeliebte
you want to go cheap instead of going quality?

callaham for quality
it wont break
Yeah, let's pay twice as much for the bridge as the guitar cost him in the first place.

*slaps Regensgeliebte with a trout*
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I put a GFS prw-wired HH pickguard into my Squier Strat and for the price ($40) their awesome pickups. The GFS Tremolos are good too and I'm pretty sure the MIM tremolo will fit onto a Starcaster. Just have fun modding and don't let people tell you not to do it because it's a starcaster.
http://store.guitarfetish.com/hueqhssgutub.html

This is the one I was lookin at, I just ordered the trem so should be here next week. Yea I don't see nothing wrong with modding a somewhat decent guitar, as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters.

I was thinking about ordering a locking nut too, how would I go about getting that installed? So Locking nut, and locking tuners, would that be a good set up for good whammy bends and such? Since its the only guitar i have (for now) with a tremolo i want it to be as good as possible. Also is their a effective way to breaking one in? The first time I used the old one thats when it broke lolz

Thrasher

Edit: Lol slap with a trout
Last edited by RivercrestColts at Jul 25, 2009,
you can use locking tuners but you cant use a locking nut without a floyd or another bridge with fine tuners cause your guitar will never be in tune. go with the locking tuners an a lubed up or graphite nut. also get the roller string trees on the site if you guitar has string trees. The trick is to reduced all friction possible. if you want to stay in tune go with those super strat graphtech upgrade kits. it comes with saddles,nuts and alot of others.
Quote by AmericanParadox

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
DON'T! Just buy a new trem block, and a new bar. I bought a new bridge took the old one apart and was like "Oh, I could have just done that?"

Darn, too late.
Last edited by Oujou at Jul 25, 2009,
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox

+999999999999999999999999 to that *Sigged*
Quote by AmericanParadox

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
I'd get the GFS trem that is mexican (metric) spaced and is steel through and through.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Im buying an old vintage strat for cheap, i'll probably be customizing it.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
wut about new PUs?
Quote by AmericanParadox

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Well after intonation I did a few whammy bends and it would each string would either go down or up in tuning, down on the whammy bar, down a little on the tuning, back, up a little, so I was leaning to locking tuners, I want some Fenders to match but I don't have 60 bucks right now, anybody know where I could find some cheaper or give me some cash lolz (JK) Would this solve teh pr0blemz

Thrasher