Do i need a special cabinet from the music store to play a Bugera 1990 head through or could i use like a stereo speaker whilst i save up for a cabinet???
Kids buying valve amp heads to use in there bedroom and havent got a clue what to do with it!!

Yes you need a 'special' guitar cabinet. Do not use a stereo speaker as your output tranny will die and all the tone producing magic smoke will escape from your amp!
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
Kids buying valve amp heads to use in there bedroom and havent got a clue what to do with it!!

Yes you need a 'special' guitar cabinet. Do not use a stereo speaker as your output tranny will die and all the tone producing magic smoke will escape from your amp!

not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
alright im sorry for my post and all
well at least my question was anwsered
but just cause ur an old bastard and im young dosent mean u shld be a bastard i didnt come on here to be insulted i came on here asking a question so i could learn...yes SO THIS KID CAN GET A FCKEN CLUE CMON!! u got to have more brains then that however ur post depicts differently and the other guy is just wierd i thank you for ur awnser but can u try not to respond in such a condescending way that it might actually offend someone.

sorry but if u respond to all threads in such a way your coming across as a prick i didn't know if i could or coudnt but again thanks i shall be gigging
Kid, breathe and slow down. THEN start typing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Jeeeeeeez!! This old bastard (22) doesnt like to see young'uns waste there money on 120watt heads when I have been gigging for 2 years with an epi valve junior (5watt) and Tiny terror (15watt).

Your buying a valve amp and dont even know what to plug in the back! This is only going to go one way............ bad!

Sorry if my post seemed condescending, its just frustrating seeing young people spend all this money when they dont really need to!
I lol.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
Jeeeeeeez!! This old bastard (22) doesnt like to see young'uns waste there money on 120watt heads when I have been gigging for 2 years with an epi valve junior (5watt) and Tiny terror (15watt).

Your buying a valve amp and dont even know what to plug in the back! This is only going to go one way............ bad!

Sorry if my post seemed condescending, its just frustrating seeing young people spend all this money when they dont really need to!

plus the Lols were too easy. nothing personal though
Quote by shaenb243
alright im sorry for my post and all
well at least my question was anwsered
but just cause ur an old bastard and im young dosent mean u shld be a bastard i didnt come on here to be insulted i came on here asking a question so i could learn...yes SO THIS KID CAN GET A FCKEN CLUE CMON!! u got to have more brains then that however ur post depicts differently and the other guy is just wierd i thank you for ur awnser but can u try not to respond in such a condescending way that it might actually offend someone.

sorry but if u respond to all threads in such a way your coming across as a prick i didn't know if i could or coudnt but again thanks i shall be gigging

What kind of head do you have?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234

Who cares if he's 16 or 12 or 24 or 50. I know I don't.

Really, your post is ignorant and condescending and I think you should probably consider not posting here anymore. There was no need to treat the OP this way at all. He is a person with a question, and regardless of how "infinite" your wisdom is, he may not be so fortunate. Who cares how much money he spends? Who cares if his amp is 5 watts or 120 watts. Personally, my amp is 200 watts, and I gig all the time with it. It doesn't matter! Either you are jealous, or seriously have some mental stability issues.

You went way too far man. WAY too far.

To the OP:

Don't worry about this guy, it's douchebags like him that ruin the internet for other people.

To answer your question, yes you do need a special cabinet. You cannot run the amp without a speaker cabinet or some other form of load attached, as it can damage the output transformer.

I know the feeling of waiting to save up for a cab.... I have been there before, but trust me..it's worth the wait.
atleast he didn't hook up the head to the standard speaker already. Atleast he asked.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
soz for the outburst but just quickly in Australia that head is the cheapest valve head i can find that is quality 900 bucks tiny terros are something over 1000 and thanks silenced thanks for the post
So on topic I know nothing about Bugeras but many heads have a switchable ohm setting (looks like the omega symbol) usually 4, 8, or 16 ohms. However some dont, they have a fixed ohm rating on the speaker outs. Make sure that when you buy a speaker cab that the ohms match up if it isn't switchable or is only switchable between a couple of these settings. As far as what cabs to buy Avatar makes good cabs and personally for more common amp manufacturers I like Mesa/Boogie and Orange cabs. Hope you get a cab soon so you can enjoy your new purchase.
So hold on, people from the most ignorant forum in the universe of the internet are giving me lectures? NICE!

Bunch of cocksmoking twats!

hahaa
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
So hold on, people from the most ignorant forum in the universe of the internet are giving me lectures? NICE!

Bunch of cocksmoking twats!

hahaa

The level of butthurt in your post is great...please fill one of these out and send it to UG moderators.

SHAUNYSHAUN1234 and Silenced7, you both need to chill out.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
SHAUNYSHAUN1234 and Silenced7, you both need to chill out.

You saw my original post, and I think it was certainly called for.
if someone doesnt know something on this forum why does everyone go mad, why dont people jus give an answer instead of being dicks all the time
Quote by Silenced7
You saw my original post, and I think it was certainly called for.

He may have been in the wrong for posting that then flaming afterwards, but the way you're handled it isn't any better than what he did. If you'd like to continue to argue with me about it, please PM me. I'm not continuing here.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...