Page 1 of 2
And no one's really changed, it seems. The Pit just got more .... random.

Anyone even remember me?
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Quote by insideac
You joined in 07, its too early for you to take a hiatus!

Nahh I've just been lurking the Gaia Online metal forum. ((it's way better there, less idiots))

However you still get the occasional **** who can't spell or use grammar at all claiming to know all there is to know about metal. *facepalm*
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
Nahh I've just been lurking the Gaia Online metal forum. ((it's way better there, less idiots))

However you still get the occasional **** who can't spell or use grammar at all claiming to know all there is to know about metal. *facepalm*

I see......
^ I used to be somewhat of a reg here. Just ditched the site. Focused more on school and guitar playing.

I'z goin to college now, bitch! Just graduated.
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

Does it have shoop threads?

I thought not...
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

Dude Gaia is full of immature fifteen year olds.

I used to go there, even in the Extended Discussion forum there were never any good topics to discuss.
Glad someone missed me >.>

Nah, not in the metal forum, anyway. I'm sure there's shoop threads in the chatterbox forum though.
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
Glad someone missed me >.>

Nah, not in the metal forum, anyway. I'm sure there's shoop threads in the chatterbox forum though.

I did wonder where you'd gone! Planning to stay around? Nice picture in the pic thread btw.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
Dude Gaia is full of immature fifteen year olds.

I used to go there, even in the Extended Discussion forum there were never any good topics to discuss.

Metal forum there is a lot better. Especially if you establish yourself as a regular. It's quite fun when someone starts an argument saying that Slipknot is metal.

((don't even go there))
thrash till death
Quote by Jackolas
I did wonder where you'd gone! Planning to stay around? Nice picture in the pic thread btw.

ehh I might. Depending on how many jackoffs there are here.

Last time I really lurked the pit I was an ignorant asswipe myself.
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
Metal forum there is a lot better. Especially if you establish yourself as a regular. It's quite fun when someone starts an argument saying that Slipknot is metal.

((don't even go there))

I thought Slipknot was metal?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

((don't even go there))

Ah, I see.

The Gaia forums are better because they are overflowing with Elitists, yes?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Derigiberble
I thought Slipknot was metal?

No. Nu-metal is not metal.

And no, I'm not going to start an arugment here. You wouldn't believe the wars that are started because of "maggots" clinging to their horrible taste in music.

"LYKE ZOMG!! I LUV SLIPKNOTTT THEY'R SO METULZZZ!! 1!!1 U JUS DNT LYKE DEM CUZ UR A POSR!!"

no.
thrash till death
Don't know who the hell you are but HELLO.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

And no, I'm not going to start an arugment here. You wouldn't believe the wars that are started because of "maggots" clinging to their horrible taste in music.

"LYKE ZOMG!! I LUV SLIPKNOTTT THEY'R SO METULZZZ!! 1!!1 U JUS DNT LYKE DEM CUZ UR A POSR!!"

no.

nu metal is not metal?

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard in my life. and i hate nu metal. and (most) metal.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

no.

What's the difference between metal and nu-metal?

Doesn't that just mean that they're new metal?

Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Quote by ep1kz
nu metal is not metal?

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard in my life. and i hate nu metal. and (most) metal.

Well I agree with her.
Quote by metacarpi
Ah, I see.

The Gaia forums are better because they are overflowing with Elitists, yes?

Uhh.. yes and no. There are elitists, but those who are have extremely good arguments and logic that is hard to argue. I usually stay neutral unless someone says something I highly disagree with.

Such as Metallica's Death Magnetic being real thrash metal.
thrash till death
"Nu-Metal" is Rap/hip-hop styled music with metal influences. It is not metal. Don't be confused by the name.

However, I myself have been getting into a lot of Melodic Death Metal these days..
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
"Nu-Metal" is Rap/hip-hop styled music with metal influences. It is not metal. Don't be confused by the name.

However, I myself have been getting into a lot of Melodic Death Metal these days..

There's no black people in slipknot.
Quote by CornLord

Quote by Derigiberble
There's no black people in slipknot.

ANYWAY, before a huge flame war erupts that I'd like to avoid.. How is everyone?
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo

are you sure you don't have it the other way around?

the only thing 'hip hop' about nu metal (the songs ive heard at least... linkin park, korn, limp bizkit, slipknot etc) is the rapped vocals and sometimes turntable scratches. which leaves the rest predominantly metal
Quote by ep1kz
are you sure you don't have it the other way around?

the only thing 'hip hop' about nu metal (the songs ive heard at least... linkin park, korn, limp bizkit, slipknot etc) is the rapped vocals and sometimes turntable scratches. which leaves the rest predominantly metal

Pretty sure, ya.

A lot of the beats and riffs are heavily influenced by rap/hip-hop as well.
thrash till death
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
Pretty sure, ya.

A lot of the beats and riffs are heavily influenced by rap/hip-hop as well.

well i hate to start up a debate in your thread so i'll stop if you want.

but ive yet to hear a beat or a riff from a nu metal song that is heavily influenced by rap... how the hell would that be possible anyway?
Last edited by ep1kz at Jul 23, 2009,
I think you may have been a regular when I myself buggered off for a while.

Nice to meet ya!

edit: I'm tired as balls. yourself?
Last edited by maXterbat0r at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by ep1kz
ok. i was hoping for you to possibly rebuke or refute my claims but saying your right without any evidence is cool too

I'm not trying to troll or start an argument.

and damn you for quoting me before I edited.
thrash till death
Quote by maXterbat0r
I think you may have been a regular when I myself buggered off for a while.

Nice to meet ya!

edit: I'm tired as balls. yourself?

I think I recognize your avatar...
thrash till death
Nu-metal

Just cause it aint br00talz like other metal, it is still a subgenre of metal. No one is forcing you to like it but its fact.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Quote by sebastian_96
Nu-metal

Just cause it aint br00talz like other metal, it is still a subgenre of metal. No one is forcing you to like it but its fact.

I'm not even gonna go there. I'm not here to troll and/or argue.

thrash till death
Nu Metal is a subgenre of metal, real metal does not exist anymore because too many people have tried classifying each and every band into strangely distinct categories.

Bands like Metallica and Megadeth that started out being rendered metal are now rendered thrash metal.
Page 1 of 2