What are some of your experiences with them? I want one as another distortion tone and as a lead boost. I also have a DS-1 and a DT Death Metal. I don't like the DS-1 as I only use it to get a good Slash tone... other than that it is useless. What do you think of the Bad Monkey?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
dont know anything about the bad monkey but i just got the bd2 boss blues driver and it sounds great
I've played a Bad Monkey a few times in shops and it is a good bang for your buck. It works great as a lead boost, but as an overdrive unit itself, it isn't that great in my opinion.
I use my Bad Monkey for a boost and EQ; it works great. The overdrive sound itself is pretty average (my opinion), though some people will like it.
I played my friends and I didn't like it, I couldn't seem to get a great sound out of it.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
It's alright for the price, I would seriously save up and just get a TS9, or an MXR Boost.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
It's good on a budget, great bang for you buck. But if you've got more to spend definitely look at something else.
Damn good little boost-on-a-budget, I use it alongside a DS-1 to add a bit of extra grit to a cranked amp.

Wouldn't recommend using it with a solid-state amp, especially with the amp's overdrive, but should sound fine boosting the clean channel.
Depends on the amp really.
For a clean boost it's great. The three band EQ is usefull and you can't beat the price.
It's great. I use mine on every solo. It really let's your tapping and harmonics stand out. It also increases the sustain and help with hammerons and pulloffs. I basicially cleans up all of your mistakes and makes them sound better. I could not tap without mine.
Quote by Deanguitarist39
It's great. I use mine on every solo. It really let's your tapping and harmonics stand out. It also increases the sustain and help with hammerons and pulloffs. I basicially cleans up all of your mistakes and makes them sound better. I could not tap without mine.

Wow thanks ... this has made me want one even more
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Working on your technique is a much better idea than persisting with bad techniques and hiding it with pedals.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Working on your technique is a much better idea than persisting with bad techniques and hiding it with pedals.

This. But dont take my word for it, ask any proffesional guitarist.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I'm gonna go down to my local store and I'm not gonna get it unless I can take it home try it out and return it if needed so i'm gonna call em up. Thanks guys
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by slickerthnsleek

I don't have trouble with any of those.....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
i run my bad monkey through my Valveking and i love it. i really couldnt ask for a better pedal it works so well with this amp and id pick this over the ts-9 but it all depends on your amp. try mixing **** up
ADD OUR BAND ALUSTRIUM
Gear:
Carvin DC727
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Carvin V3
Carvin 412V-30 Cab
Kirk Hammett Cry Baby
EVH Phase 90
MXR Black Label Chorus
Digitech Whammy
ISP G-String Decimator
Line 6 EchoPark
There's a comparison on You Tube with the TS9, its close. Good Bang for your Buck.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
I've got a Bad Monkey and I think it's great. I've only really A/B'ed it with a BBE Green Screamer, which I know isn't very popular around here, and I thought it was much better. The separate controls for highs and lows are a god send and the od tone is pretty good if you spend some time fiddling the knobs.

For the money I can't see why you wouldn't have one unless you really disagree with the tone.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Great OD. You'll love it.
Musicians I Want To See Live

Metallica
Avenged Sevenfold
RHCP
Machine Head
Five Finger Death Punch
Joe Satriani/Chickenfoot
Slipknot

To Be Continued . . .
Quote by slickerthnsleek

Actually, I don't think the Bad Monkey covers one's mistakes at all...

Great boost pedal for cheap. I like mine better than the TS9.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by 667
Depends on the amp really.
For a clean boost it's great. The three band EQ is usefull and you can't beat the price.

Word. I use it with a botique plexi clone and a Marshall Bluebreaker. It's been my only OD for two years now, and I love it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Great boost, but I really despise the overdrive tone on it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.