and which is better

thx
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
The OFR is an Official/Original Floyd Rose.

The 1000 uses lower quality materials, I think.
RIP Tom Searle.
The FR 1000 are Korean made, as opposed to the OFRs being made in America. They're most likely not as good, be it materials or craftsmanship. The only foreign FR trem that I'd trust, are the Schaller ones, which are made in Germany. Schaller makes very high quality products, at least in my mind, and they're not "licensed" FR trems. That means that they are manufactured by them, for FR, and meet the specs of the OFR. The difference between them is the Schaller has a lower profile.

Anyway, long story short, FR 1000 is Korean, and OFR is American.
Quote by Froggy7521
The FR 1000 are Korean made, as opposed to the OFRs being made in GERMANY. They're most likely not as good, be it materials or craftsmanship. The only foreign FR trem that I'd trust, are the Schaller LFR, which are made in Germany. Schaller makes very high quality products, (Like the OFRs) at least in my mind, and they are "licensed" FR trems. That means that they are manufactured by them, for FR, and meet the specs of the OFR. The difference between them is the Schaller has a lower profile.

Anyway, long story short, FR 1000 is Korean, and OFR is GERMAN.

*fixed.

and TS, there are several threads where i have given a highly detailed explanation of the differences between the two. next time, please use the searchbar first.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1107691&highlight=floyd+rose+1000+series
^that is one of the threads. my post is 2nd to last. read it.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B