im looking to try another instrument and i want to get a piano,keyboard or something. but im clueless at the moment as to what to get and how much to spend just like when i was looking for a new guitar when i was a beginner.

i know this is not the best place to ask since most of you guys are guitarist but if any of you play piano or know a website where i could find some info on what to buy that would be awesome. at the moment i don't know which to get if a digital piano, an acoustic piano or a workstation or digital synth i have no idea

i tried looking around and so far only info i have is to look for an 88 key to be able to play most stuff

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
i have a roland juno-g which i think is the shiz but its like 800 quid also its not the full piano set of keys but besides that its awesome
Last edited by Frooshy at Jul 23, 2009,
The SH-201

i hope Xaviergray will see this thread.

Quote by Frooshy
i have a roland juno-g which i think is the shiz but its like 800 quid also its not the full piano set of keys but it works great for what i use it for.

after months of trying lots of synths, I must say

Motif ES > Juno G

IMO.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I'd say that a synth would be the best bet. Cheap ones are, well, fairly cheap. You get lots of sounds and you decide the number of the keys.

I'm learning piano myself. Trying to teach myself. It's cool once you get how chords are constructed and so on.
im trying to get a weighted keyboard,synth or something so i can also develop the hand so maybe it would help me also with my guitar playing
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
the one thing to definitely watch out for with beginner keyboards is realistic key effects - lots of beginner ones have a really cheap setup where you press the button and a preset noise comes out, but you really want one that reacts like a piano would, i.e. press hard, big noise, press soft, quiet noise. if it does'nt have that its a be-atch to learn on
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
I have a Yamaha digital piano. Can't remember what they're called. Anyways, it has keys like a piano and is bigger than a keyboard but is digital, has volume knob, different sound effects, and headphone jack. Ive played piano for five years and do exams and everything, so Im not just fooling around. What I have is perfect for me since I move approximately every four years. I'd reccomend one, if you can find it for a good price. I mostly prefer it because it has a feel of a piano (at least the good ones, the bad ones feel horrible), and a good sound.
if you're looking for a synth get a microkorg. relatively cheap, and if you find yourself too lazy to learn theory and all that it has enough cool effects and sounds to still use it for a band or whatever, just for ambience and stuff. I hope that makes sense
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
i will like to learn to play some classical music on piano like chopin and that kind of thing.
and also silly songs like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-lbYV8zFWM&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGooXJw-Mg&feature=related

last one i freaking love the sound of it but i cant find anywhere on his page the model #

also whats a good budget to spend on piano i can really spend a good amount but it will leave me totally broke
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
I have a Roland JP 8000 synth. Awesome.

I'm thinking of buying a Kawai upright piano...
Just to start, look for a second hand Korg X50. Got mine for €300 so it was a good deal. And if I sell it on eBay, I can still get at least a €100 profit. Served me well..but I feel like I want an 88-weighted key keyboard/synth now.
UG's Batman

NOW WITHOUT CHRISTIAN BALE'S "GRUFF" LISPY VOICE!

Batman doesn't need Christmas to wear his Santa hat.
Last edited by rcazzy at Jul 23, 2009,
I've been reccomended this by Dr-pain-MD. I will hopefully get it if my music college next year decides to grant me the full £500 that they can offer for such things.
i went to store today and found the perfect paino it was a little more than what i wanted to pay but is sweet
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_YDP140%20Arius%20Home%20Digital%20Piano_-1_10052_10002_-49957838_cmCategorySA182727

does anybody know some good website to learn piano online like ultimate guitar im browsing and going through google finding bits and pieces

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff