Page 1 of 3
Do you think it's okay to do so? Some kid in my school, who I really didn't like at all because he stole ****, got arrested a **** load of times and overall just wasn't a good kid, shot himself in the head with a shotgun and now everybody is like "Oh we miss you so much. Nobody will ever be as nice as you. You would have been so successful" but the kid was a dirt bag. When my friend told me I said I didn't care. He was stupid to do it, but it's not like we lost somebody that would have changed the world or anything. I still say he was a bad kid and he wasn't going to be successful at all. He got kicked out of our school twice, yet when I say he was a dirt bag, people say what I'm saying is "just wrong" but had I said it when he was alive, it would be just fine. Seriously, what the **** is wrong with that?

tl;dr: kid in my school killed himself, I say who cares, he was a dirt bag. Wrong, right?
Was the kids name Thomas?

this literally happened to a kid in my year a few weeks ago, exactly the same.

DIEDIT: oh well, thought i had found a friend there
Last edited by DieGarbageMan at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Was the kids name Thomas?

this literally happened to a kid in my year a few weeks ago, exactly the same.

Nope.
Well... you could think it, but maybe shut up about it, y'know?
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I don't think stretching the truth to say that "We really liked you etc etc you were awesome" to some dead guy who was a douche is good, but speaking badly of them is just in bad taste.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Just because they're dead doesn't make them great.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
time and place. By that I mean... wait a little at least. Some people may have been his friend you know.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Well... you could think it, but maybe shut up about it, y'know?
My friend said "what do you think about it" so I told him.
Keep your oppinion to yourself if everyone else is still in the, 'OMG HE WAS AMAZING AND NOW HE'S GONE ' phase, you could make yourself extremely unpopular I don't see why there's so much fuss if the guy was as bad as you say though.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I get **** for talking bad about MJ. I don't think you were wrong. If he was a dirtbag you have the right to express it.
Quote by isabiggles
Just because they're dead doesn't make them great.

Yeah it does.

Don't you pay attention to the music industry?
Just say something like "I wasn't really a friend of his". Even if you have strong negative feelings about the guy, people will still expect you to show some respect for him.

You can be more open about it later.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Keep your oppinion to yourself if everyone else is still in the, 'OMG HE WAS AMAZING AND NOW HE'S GONE ' phase, you could make yourself extremely unpopular I don't see why there's so much fuss if the guy was as bad as you say though.
I don't hang out with the "popular group" cause the popular group in my school is a bunch of kids that are white and jewish and call each other nigga and act like they're black, which is what he did.
the guy may have been a tool...but a little discretion wouldn't hurt you know?
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Nothing wrong with what you said.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Get a picture of him from the year book, then take a huge dúmp on it mail it to his parents.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Guitar2theface
I don't think stretching the truth to say that "We really liked you etc etc you were awesome" to some dead guy who was a douche is good, but speaking badly of them is just in bad taste.

People speak badly of Hitler. He's dead. Is that in bad taste?
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by IAmPaulGilbert
I don't hang out with the "popular group" cause the popular group in my school is a bunch of kids that are white and jewish and call each other nigga and act like they're black, which is what he did.

I meant like, amongst your friends lol.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I meant like, amongst your friends lol.
Oh, then yeah. I'm kind of afraid they might already hate me a little, but I've known them for so long, so I'll be okay...at least I hope so.
he might have been an ass but i'm sure that some people still cared about him and probably more out of respect for them - fellow human beings i reckon you should not speak bad about it.

if your friend asked your opinion you should tell him unless he is one of those the moment i see someone else i am gonna tell them what you think kinda friends
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Quote by IAmPaulGilbert

It's great to know that Paul Gilbert hates wiggers just as much as I do
This happened after MJ died - 1 day loads of people are totally indifferent about him, some could go as far as to hate him, the next day, he dies, and everyone is so upset and loves him.

Crazy

In short, kudos to you for not just being all sad and weepy because some dickhead, who you didn't like shot himself

EDIT: having said that, I don't think you should make a point of going round while people, who obviously didn't think he was a dickhead, saying stuff like 'I don't care' or 'no big loss'. That's kind of insensitive
This is not a sig
Diese hier ist keine Sig
Ceci n'est pas un sig
Questa non è una firma

is amused
Last edited by mattant250 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by Nite`
he might have been an ass but i'm sure that some people still cared about him and probably more out of respect for them - fellow human beings i reckon you should not speak bad about it.

if your friend asked your opinion you should tell him unless he is one of those the moment i see someone else i am gonna tell them what you think kinda friends

Not at all. I would never hang out with anybody like that. That's the kinda kid the kid that killed himself was. Always tried to start ****, so people would fight. He definitely ended a few friendships.
Quote by Guitarlord44
I get **** for talking bad about MJ. I don't think you were wrong. If he was a dirtbag you have the right to express it.

This.

Bunch of kissasses, it's fine to wish someone a final resting place but to say they did anything good in their life's when they were lowlife pieces of crap, is an epic excuse to fit in.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by archangels666
It's called respect, asshole.

Death is a little bit of a bigger deal than your silly little highschool prejudices.

Okay, but it's not like he got into a car accident, or was murdered. He took his own life, which to me, and I know you have to be in some kind of ****ed up mental state to kill yourself, is wrong and ****ing selfish and I have very little sympathy for anybody that takes their own life. I have respect for his family, but they won't hear what I said.
Similar thing happened at my school. A girl from the Special Education Unit collapsed, slipped some disk in her brain, and died after going into a coma. A LOT of people at my school made her life extremely difficult and unpleasant, but when she died everyone was talking about how much they missed her, how wonderful and inspirational she was, and how they loved her. A few people I know (myself included) found it quite perversely enjoyable seeing how much effect guilt had on people. One scumbag guy who was apparently one of the meanest kids to her cried at her funeral.

I was one of the few people who never said a mean thing to her. I'm not the kind of person to intentionally make anyone feel inferior because of things they can't control. I was indifferent to her, and was guilty of making a few tactless comments to people after she died about how ridiculous they were acting. It's best just to keep quiet and let people try and justify their past wrongs however stupidly they want to. They're the ones that lose sleep at night, not you.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by IAmPaulGilbert

he was a dirt bag

Did he listen to Iron Maiden, baby?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Snowblind 911
Similar thing happened at my school. A girl from the Special Education Unit collapsed, slipped some disk in her brain, and died after going into a coma. A LOT of people at my school made her life extremely difficult and unpleasant, but when she died everyone was talking about how much they missed her, how wonderful and inspirational she was, and how they loved her. A few people I know (myself included) found it quite perversely enjoyable seeing how much effect guilt had on people. One scumbag guy who was apparently one of the meanest kids to her cried at her funeral.

I was one of the few people who never said a mean thing to her. I'm not the kind of person to intentionally make anyone feel inferior because of things they can't control. I was indifferent to her, and was guilty of making a few tactless comments to people after she died about how ridiculous they were acting. It's best just to keep quiet and let people try and justify their past wrongs however stupidly they want to. They're the ones that lose sleep at night, not you.
Yeah, but if something like that happened to him, I would feel kind of bad. I wouldn't go around saying that he was a great kid, but I probably wouldn't be as straight forward when I did say things about him. I never really spoke to him after 8th grade, but I remember he was such a dick.
Well, I don't think there is a problem with that as long as

1. You wouldn't say something like that to his family
2. You feel a little remorse over the lose of a life, or a wasted life.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
I don't see anything wrong with it. If you didn't like the kid, I don't see why you'd have to like him after death. Personally, I think the people who are like "he was a great kid!" even though they too probably talked shit about him are worse.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
There's nothing wrong with thinking it, but there is a time and a place to say it. Just after his death, around people who know him is probably neither.
Quote by mattant250
This happened after MJ died - 1 day loads of people are totally indifferent about him, some could go as far as to hate him, the next day, he dies, and everyone is so upset and loves him.

Crazy

In short, kudos to you for not just being all sad and weepy because some dickhead, who you didn't like shot himself

EDIT: having said that, I don't think you should make a point of going round while people, who obviously didn't think he was a dickhead, saying stuff like 'I don't care' or 'no big loss'. That's kind of insensitive

IMO His death wasn't much of a loss if he was a criminal. He wasn't a productive part of society. He was making society worse. I think he should express his opinion saying "i don't care" or "no big loss." People only care about him now that he's dead. They're calling him a good kid even though he was a criminal. Those people are stupid. Just because he died doesn't changed the fact that he was a criminal and a dickhead.

Thats just my look on things
if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!
Quote by mattant250

You know what that people are? Big Hipocrits!
That kid probably had a lot more problems in his life than you realize, so calling him a dirt bag is a.) a crappy insult, and b.) disrespectful since you don't even know his story. While you shouldn't necessarily insult the dead, you don't have to act like they were a person they're not like it seems everyone else is in your situation. Really, what are people going to say? "That kid was a total douche, I'm glad that little asshole killed himself!" Of course you might, but other people have more common sense than that.
Quote by Wulphy
Being a Republican should be a handicap.
I hate that sentiment too.

If someone's a bad person when they were alive they don't automatically become good through death.
Page 1 of 3