I've been playing a long time but only recently purchased my first "real" wah pedal. I own this Vox pedal: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-V847A-Wah-Pedal-104376306-i1177657.gc and I have a quick question. Previously I've used "auto-wah" pedals but I upgraded because I wanted to have the control over the tone which a real pedal allows. The problem is, it's "always on." When it's plugged in I have to either play with it all the way open or all the way closed when I don't want to actively use my foot on it. This obviously changes the tone of my guitar significantly. Is there any way around this? It's not like those autowah pedals I've used where you can just click it off when you're done with the effect. How do other people work around this?
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
are you sure there isn't a button on the top that if you press down hard enough will turn it off
underneath the tredle at the "toe end" there`s a button push down until it clicks to turn on/off

read you manual.
I actually bought a floor model and din't get a manual I'll take a closer look when I get home. Is this a switch you can toggle with your foot?
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack