So I'm playing normally on my Marshall MG250DFX when I start to notice a slight high-pitched sound coming from the amp. Normally, there is a hum coming from it because it is an MG series, but this was out of the ordinary. So, I hit the top of the right side, above the power switch, and extreme buzzing starts to come from the amp. What did I do? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or can anyone even identify the problem? Thanks.
Quote by cdziok
So I'm playing normally on my Marshall MG250DFX when I start to notice a slight high-pitched sound coming from the amp. Normally, there is a hum coming from it because it is an MG series, but this was out of the ordinary. So, I hit the top of the right side, above the power switch, and extreme buzzing starts to come from the amp. What did I do? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or can anyone even identify the problem? Thanks.

There's the problem.
Random noises and explosions are part of the MG series' stats
ohai little sig.
The problem is you only hit it once, and presumably with your hand. Try 25 times with a hammer.

(Seriously, you're screwed. I had one of those go out on me, and once they're gone, they're gone. A tech will laugh at you if you bring it in to fix.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
is your guitar output?

or your cable a problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011