hey guys if I got a new guitar which I'm considering if I ever get the money what are some good options right now I have A fender Strat and a Line 6 Spider III 15 but I am defenitly getting a new amp soon which is either going to be the vox valvetronix 30 or the Peavy Vypyr 30 what I'm looking for in a guitar is the following 24 frets, (prefibly jumbo but im not picky), floyd rose bridge, versatility blues to metal and everything outside and in between, at least one single coil pickup but no more then two, awesome looks, good color, and I guess I would want a rosewood fingerboard. this would be nice if it was under 1000$ but since I won't be getting it for awhile I guess I could go a little over that thanks
Last edited by Ponyexpress at Jul 23, 2009,
ibanez has a great selection, but they dont have floyd rose bridges, they make their own, wich im not much of a fan of. But defenetly check em out.
Ibanez, ESP and Jackson are always good choices, IMO.

Ibanez:
Old MIJ RG series such as - RG470, RG550, RG560, RG570 or RG7x2x

Jackson:
DKMG or DXMG. I'm a huge fan of the SL2H and the KE-2 but those are PRICEY.

ESP
MH-400, F400, M1000, MH1000, F250
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
rosewood bridge on an electric

Don't knock it until you have tried it
Quote by konfyouzd
Ibanez, ESP and Jackson are always good choices, IMO.

Ibanez:
Old MIJ RG series such as - RG470, RG550, RG560, RG570 or RG7x2x

Jackson:
DKMG or DXMG. I'm a huge fan of the SL2H and the KE-2 but those are PRICEY.

ESP
MH-400, F400, M1000, MH1000, F250

Also RG 750 and 770
Quote by MetalHead916
Also RG 750 and 770

Don't forget the RG565, RG520 as well. They all have feelings
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Don't forget the RG565, RG520 as well. They all have feelings

Dammit, I was gonna mention the 565. What I really want is a 560. I've been looking for one of those for a while. Just can't find any that cheap. Last one I saw was $300 in a pawn shop, but I didn't grab it.
@ Metal head & Azn: yea... those too
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by MetalHead916
Dammit, I was gonna mention the 565. What I really want is a 560. I've been looking for one of those for a while. Just can't find any that cheap. Last one I saw was $300 in a pawn shop, but I didn't grab it.

There was one in Perth for sale a few months ago. Seller was asking for $700aud without a case for it which is a bit too much considering it still had the stock pickups anyway I occasionally see them on the bay so you just gotta hold out.
Quote by MetalHead916

the 565 is a BEAST... does it come w/ a half scalloped board? i saw one like that once and i was wondering if they come that way or if it was a custom job. the person who had it that i know got it second hand so we have no clue.
no one suggested upgrade amp first? surprised. TS can get a nice tube amp with that budget. or even split the budget to $400 for amp and $600 for guitar and he can get the B-52 AT-112 combo and still get a pretty good guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"