Well i recently got my guitar back after a very long time due to lack of motivation on my part to finish fixing it up. the pickups (Ibanez Infinity 3 and 4) i put into it that i had laying around sound just great on a clean channel, but the distortion sounds like a bunch of the ****tiest single coils ever made. it sounds as if im playing on a 3 inch battery amp. with my other guitars the amp sounds great, so i know it's the guitar's pickups because the pickups that were in here before sounded okay they were just really muddy.
any possible idea why this is happening? i figure its probably faulty wiring, but i dont know if possible to pin point where exactly.
Theyre single coils, and they're Ibanez single coils. Nuff said.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I'm not retarded. These are humbuckers, I've used them before and they worked just great.
your best bet dude is to bring it to a shop and let them figure it out. Save you the headach of taking it apart and puting it back together, especially if you dont know what your doing.
Maybe the pickups just sound **** with distortion? If it works on clean channel I couldn't see how it would be a wiring problem but **** knows just check over for no cold joints and loose connections.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Maybe the pickups just sound **** with distortion? If it works on clean channel I couldn't see how it would be a wiring problem but **** knows just check over for no cold joints and loose connections.

id say thats it but i had these pickups in an old guitar and they sounded great with distortion in that one.
I'd put money on it being a dirty slector switch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I'd put money on it being a dirty slector switch.

After some searchin that's what sounds about right. Guess i'll find out soon