If i bought a fender strat neck that was scalloped but had a floyd rose nut, could i use it on a strat with a vintage style trem or the will nut get in the way. I also was just wondering if there were any scalloped necks that came off of strats that were made in mexico?
Last edited by chryee090130 at Jul 23, 2009,
itl be fine, probably hold tuning a little better in fact, sure you'll have to unlock it to retune or change strings but thats hardly a chore, or just leave it unlocked.
Yes you can use it but I wouldn't recommending locking it. Otherwise when you lock it the string will become sharp so it's a bit of a hassle just trying to get it closely within tune. And to your second part unfortunately no I don't think unless there was a sig that had one otherwise they did it themselve.
Check out the Yngwie strat. All scalloped neck. Probably made in mexico never really checked.
he said that it has a 50th anniversary emblem on the back. i believe it has an aftermarket scalloping because of this.
Quote by chryee090130
he said that it has a 50th anniversary emblem on the back. i believe it has an aftermarket scalloping because of this.

What about the locking nut? Or was it just the fender strat w/ floyd rose and he was taken the neck and scalloped it?