Hey what up kids
So... ive been using 0.10 string since ive bought this guitar (she already comes with 0.10 strings) and i want to test some 0.9 strings.
Do i need to regulate anything in the bridge and etc, or should i just put the strings?
Thanks in advance
Shove em in, I went from 9 to 10, and its fine.

0.1 of a milimetre is n't gonna make a massive difference in tension.
Put strings on. You may need to raise the action a tad but aside from that you should be good to go.
^He's going from 10s to 9s. He might have to lower the action, if he likes it lower.
Possibly an intonation adjustment, but nothing to major.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
It's actually .009s and .010s btw. Referring to the highest string being 0.009" thick.
might have to adjust the truss rod
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares
Quote by Maggot66
We all knew what he meant.

I know, but it's nice to know the correct naming for something.
Quote by Baby Joel
^He's going from 10s to 9s. He might have to lower the action, if he likes it lower.
Possibly an intonation adjustment, but nothing to major.

Really would it not be the opposite? I've always thought that thinner gauges would generally get your action lower. So that's why I said to raise if preffered them at the previous height, oh well set it up to however you like
Quote by azn_guitarist25
oh well set it up to however you like

The best answer. :p
Quote by Baby Joel
The best answer. :p

Pfft best answer is to buy a Caparison

ps. Do you own a WM526? I really want to buy one but Aus is behind the times as per usual so I haven't been able to try one out.
I don't own one (Unfortunately) but it's the best shred axe I've played.
i didn't actually touch the fretboard much (I'm working on that technique of not pressing down hard,so I try to touch it as little as possible), but when I did bends and vibratos, it is super super smooth. Like, the smoothest thing ever. It was incredible.
For a mahogany guitar, it isn't that heavy, but not too light either. If I recall correctly, it was around 7 or so pounds.
Alright sweet now to decide between a Flaxwood and Washburn. FML

edit: Oh **** what a threadjack from a thread talking about strings to talking about Washburn's
Ooh, more WM526 fans? Nice to see some love for those guitars

The fretboard is pretty similar to the one found in Parkers, so yes, it feels AMAZINGLY smooth.

PS: Just not to hijack the thread, the TS would probably need to set up the intonation when going from 10's to 9's. It's not much of a difference in tension, but the guitar will definitely feel it.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Last edited by Mahoru at Jul 23, 2009,
Why do you have to adjust action at all???

Action is measurement of the distance from top of frets to bottom of strings.. Right??

Bottom of string is at the same height regardless of string guage....is it not?

Bottom of string rests on the Nut slot and Bridge Saddles.

Changing string guage does not change how high the Nut slots or bridge saddles are...right?? So why does changing string guage change how far the bottom of the string is from the top of the frets??

Am I missing something??

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Last edited by jonmo1 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by haz_uk
your necks going to snap, don't do it.

Wow, what a useless and totally innacurate post. I hope seriously that you were joking.

jonmo, Use .009's, then go to .013's. The action will be too low for the .013's. The action is adjusted (On TOMS) by lowering the TOM. On a vibrato bridge, you lower the saddles individually.
Quote by Baby Joel

jonmo, Use .009's, then go to .013's. The action will be too low for the .013's. The action is adjusted (On TOMS) by lowering the TOM. On a vibrato bridge, you lower the saddles individually.

Why, logically I don't get it (As explained in my post). The distance from the fret to the string will be the same regardless of how thick the string is...

Do thicker strings vibrate more or something? And need a larger space between fret and string?
I honestly don't know, I've only ever used 9's or 10's, and I've never needed to adjust action between the two...

If that's the case, will it be that much of a difference going from 9 to 10? As in the original post?

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear