I searched and read over few threads and I was surprised that many people recommend Sennheisers. I was thinking of getting a pair of Beyers next week but now I'm not sure. I'm fortunate to live by a huge electronics store that have almost every model by both makers out for testing.

I tired the Beyerdynamics and I love the sound but they look cheap and im not sure about some of the padding. I want one where I can clean on a regular basis.

One of my favorite bands Amon Amarth use these for recording so I thought they would be nice to plug into my amp at home. I also mostly listen to metal so I thought the DT990PRO will be a good choice.

I dont mind spending around $150~$200. which model is good for me?
Any suggestions?
Quote by InWinter
I searched and read over few threads and I was surprised that many people recommend Sennheisers. I was thinking of getting a pair of Beyers next week but now I'm not sure. I'm fortunate to live by a huge electronics store that have almost every model by both makers out for testing.

I tired the Beyerdynamics and I love the sound but they look cheap and im not sure about some of the padding. I want one where I can clean on a regular basis.

One of my favorite bands Amon Amarth use these for recording so I thought they would be nice to plug into my amp at home. I also mostly listen to metal so I thought the DT990PRO will be a good choice.

I dont mind spending around $150~$200. which model is good for me?
Any suggestions?

Buy monitors instead. You will be much happier.
haha I actually want monitors but if I do I want to buy good ones, and as for now I just need headphones I can use for everything.
Quote by InWinter
haha I actually want monitors but if I do I want to buy good ones, and as for now I just need headphones I can use for everything.

Totally understand, however....

For $100 more...

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-KRK-RP5G2-LIST 2 of these, and right now they are coming with auralex monitor pad/stands.
Agreed on the monitors, but I would say a nice pair of closed back AKG's would do well for recording + everyday use. I have the K171s and k701s and I love them both. Wouldn't mind getting a pair of K271s though.
Yeah I thought about getting AKGs, and actually in a headphone catologue I was reading in the store that has rating depending on the genre, the AKG K272HD was given 4 stars under "rock/pop". The Sennheiser HD650 was given 5 stars.
i have the akg k271 mkII, best pair of cans i ever had. beats both Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser, of course you kinda need an amp to make them really sing.