So I've been cooking up some ideas for a new Strat mod. Originally I was going to buy a body and neck separately but after seeing the super high prices on the Allparts and Warmoth bodies I decided to get a Affinity Stat off ebay and mod it. So my question is is the Affinity body the same thickness as the Fender strat or is it thinner like the bullet strat? would it be best to do another bullet?

I don't know when I'll be able to start this since It depends on if I get hired by Pizza hut and how much I'm making since I'm also saving for expensive bagpipes which are more important then the Squier mod.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 23, 2009,
Affinities are pretty decent among lower-budget Squiers. They are the same thickness as a normal strat and their finish is legendary for its toughness. Seriously, if you're gonna sand it off, better pull up a chair and grab a few brews because you'll be there awhile.

BTW, Pizza Hut pays less than min wage if you are a waiter. You'll have to make up the rest in tips.
That;s what I meant by sanding.

Screw sanding. Use EZ-Strip. That'll eat through everything in one smooth operation. YOu'd just have to sand all the crap out of the wood when done.
Quote by Invader Jim
That;s what I meant by sanding.

Screw sanding. Use EZ-Strip. That'll eat through everything in one smooth operation. YOu'd just have to sand all the crap out of the wood when done.

Hahahaha i know that's what you meant, but I just thought he should know for sure.

The first time I removed the finish from a guitar, I hand sanded it off. I was out in the garage for like 4 days before I got half of the paint off
Hmm. I sanded an affinity (except for the cavities) in just over an hour using only 60 grit paper on a wood block.

The Affinity bodies are definitely worth modding.
O took the paint of the Bullets body with Critristrip (I think that what is was called) and it worked great, the paint on the bullet was really thick but the chemicals ate through it fast so that's not a problem.

Also are you sure about Pizza Hut because I think they call it minimum wage for a reason.
yeah many resturants ignore the minimum wage. actually many place ignore it, especially if ur under 18. they wont pay you that much.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
TS, if you go with chemical stripper, wear chemical resistant gloves. I used 2 layers of nitrile gloves and it still burned like hellfire.

I thought nitrile was supposed to be good for that stuff, but it wasn't...

And don't wipe it off, scrape it.
TS, if you go with chemical stripper, wear chemical resistant gloves. I used 2 layers of nitrile gloves and it still burned like hellfire.

I thought nitrile was supposed to be good for that stuff, but it wasn't...

And don't wipe it off, scrape it.

The stuff I used didn't burn, although it wasn't nitrate.

And about the job, It against the law to pay below Minimum wage but I don't think where I live has a state minimum wage so It'll probably be the national wage which is like $4:75 or something like that.
I said Nitrile, not nitrate.

And thanks to a loophole, waiters always make less than minimum wage. That's why you have to tip them. You are literally paying their wages.
I said Nitrile, not nitrate.

And thanks to a loophole, waiters always make less than minimum wage. That's why you have to tip them. You are literally paying their wages.

Sorry I missread, The stuff I used on the bullet worked fine so I'm not really worried about the stripping I was just wondering about the quality of the Affinity.

And about the job I applied to be a waiter and to be aCashier/team member or what ever they call it so I'll just have to see what position (if any) I get thanks for the heads up though!

EDIT: This is what I used for the Bullet
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by bagpipemetal

Also are you sure about Pizza Hut because I think they call it minimum wage for a reason.

Minimum wage only applies to hourly wage positions. Positions where salary is commission or tip dependent are under a different classification, and thus, there are different laws for it.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Minimum wage only applies to hourly wage positions. Positions where salary is commission or tip dependent are under a different classification, and thus, there are different laws for it.

I'm pretty sure the position I'd be working is hourly wage but I'm not sure so I'll just have to see.

On Topic I'll pprobably get an Affinity when I have money too so this thread has served it's purpose.
Quote by Invader Jim
Affinities are pretty decent among lower-budget Squiers. They are the same thickness as a normal strat and their finish is legendary for its toughness. Seriously, if you're gonna sand it off, better pull up a chair and grab a few brews because you'll be there awhile.

I thought Affinity Strats were a bit thinner than the Standard Strat?
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay