Recently I have been recording electric guitar, bass and drums on my own, so I have to record them seperatley. Is there an order in which your suppose to do it, or just do whatever? cheers
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
I'd do the drums first with a removable click track, then the bass line, then the guitar
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Me I would record the guitar first as guitar is usually the first thing written...at least when I write songs.
The conventional way is to record drums - bass - guitar but there are no actual rules and you can do any order. Its just easier to lay down a guitar track when the drums are already there. When you record the first track make sure you play to a click track so that its perfectly in time. That will make it much easier when you record the rest of it.
Drums personally - helps me keep the beat and much more enjoyable to jam to opposed to a metronome.
Quote by Frankie_Stone
The conventional way is to record drums - bass - guitar but there are no actual rules and you can do any order. Its just easier to lay down a guitar track when the drums are already there. When you record the first track make sure you play to a click track so that its perfectly in time. That will make it much easier when you record the rest of it.

and its easier to lay a drum track down without having to pay attention to any outside source, just have a drummer play something in time and layer a guitar over that.
Personally I prefer to record in first place guitars, then bass , then other instruments like piano or keyboard and in the last place drums...
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
drums first then rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, vocals. just make sure you do drums first then rhythm guitar.
yea i like rough rhythm...then drums, guitar, bass, vocals...redoing the rhythm
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
really depends. If the drum beats are really complicated, then I'd do bass, guitar, and drums last. If the drums are simple, then drums, bass, and then guitar.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I'd think that guitar -> drums -> bass would be easiest. Generally when I'm messing around on drums I base the entire improv on a backing track's properties such as rhythm and feel. A bassline is really hard to just make up, imo. So I'd say guitar first is best, then build drums on guitar, and fit the bassline in with those two.
I'll usually throw down a rough version of the guitar parts first (with a click track). Then record drums over that. Then I'll record bass, then remove the first guitar tracks and record the final ones. I do this because hearing the guitar parts helps me to really get into a nice groove with the drums.
Quote by 7stringusr
drums first then rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, vocals. just make sure you do drums first then rhythm guitar.

Can't.....stop........staring.......at..........avatar...
does it actually matter which one you start recording first? i'd say if they don't all come in at the same time record the one that comes in first before the others. if they all come in at the same time i don't think it matters. it wouldn't for me anyway.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
thanks guys for your advice, much appreciated!
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton