Sorry about the last thread, I was vague, but some of you were being twats..

I've finished leanring the Minor Pentatonic and I need a song with a good solo that uses only the minor pentatonic, or at least mainly. I want it to be metal or hard rock, and must be at least a bit challenging. But not teh epic SHR3DZORZ, because thehardest thing I can play is the Enter Sandman solo. I want one becauseI want to get to grips with a song in the scale isntead of jamming overbacking tracks..
As said in the last thread, it will be far better for you to learn how to identify the pentatonic scale in a song, rather than us telling you.
If you want something to solo over, write your own backing track.

And by the way, technically just about every song written in the minor key can be solo'd over in minor pentatonic.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I think a lot of Black Sabbath (at least earlier stuff) is in minor pentatonic. Paranoid is i think, and i know the first solo in The Wizard is almost straight Am pentatonic.
Then find your own
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I want good examples for what I'm asking for. This is a forum for help. You're not helping massively are you, if I request for a good example or two for what I'm looking for, and your response is "go find your own"...
Quote by Lollage123
I want good examples for what I'm asking for. This is a forum for help. You're not helping massively are you, if I request for a good example or two for what I'm looking for, and your response is "go find your own"...

Your such a whiny little girl that's why no one is helping you, and when someone did you turned round and threw it in their face.

Anyway, I think the run to the hills solo is a pentatonic.
Someone gave you a suggestion and you knocked it back - you've obviously got a very clear and specifc idea in your head about what you want, nobody else here has a clue what your criteria are so the best thng you can do is find things yourself rather than wasting people's time here.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
pretty much all songs featuring: Zakk Wylde, Dave Mustaine, Dimebag or Kirk Hammet will be in minor pentatonic.

pick a song, look at the tab and see if it fits into minor pentatonic, if not then pick another
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Oh bugger it looks like I said sorry but I want good songs to that post? No, I'm leanring them as well, I just said sorry for bumping.
Black Sabbath are awesome and I'm learning the wizard right now. thats whati want, songs based inthe minor pentatonic with tlittle licks and solos in them. I wasn't knocking him back, sorry if it seemed I was silly me

And how could I not like Black Sabbath anyway? They influenced every band I like and tbh, every song I have heard from them has been brilliant.

EDIT: And I'm open to everything that is Metal and in E standard.
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by XianXiuHong
Quite a bit of Megadeth uses it, Mustaine loves abusing that scale.

Which album/songs in particular, or just anyone where he solos?