Alright guys, I'm off to Kenya for a month in half an hour, I have a cheapo ukulele I'm taking as I could'nt bear having nothing guitar-like for four weeks. Tuned the strings to EADG, so I can play some riffs about 2000 octaves higher than normal for the Africans who have been deprived of the likes of AC/DC and Metallica

I need some riffs/songs to play that only use the top 4 strings!

Thanks guys!
dude be sure not to piss them off cause you'll never outrun them
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Haha, sounds like fun. I'll try and think of some songs... unless you wanna just play bass 10 000 octaves higher than normal.
Could probably get "Tuesday's Gone" into four strings, as well as some RHCP like "I Could Have Lied". And I think "Santaria" only uses 4 strings, except the solo.
Last edited by mulletboy14 at Jul 23, 2009,
What the **** are you gonna do in Kenya of all places.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
well they should be glad they dont have to listen to trash like ACDC or Metallica.
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Master of Puppets composed for Ukelele

Holy Wars...The Punishment Due composed for Ukelele

Jesus of Surburbia >.> <.< >.>

Pink Panther Theme
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I went to Kenya, I'm assuming your there to "work" as well, it'll be awesome. Didn't think to bring a guitar or ukulele. Have a good time man.

NO idea about songs though....
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by demon.guitarist
building a school, climbing mount kenya, wildlife projects, ocean projects

lots of stuff

Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Nexium
What the **** are you gonna do in Kenya of all places.

get A.I.D.S.

J/K have fun man, you're going for alot of great reasons
Last edited by Chad11491 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by demon.guitarist
building a school, climbing mount kenya, wildlife projects, ocean projects

lots of stuff

What are you some philanthropist?

Anyways can't you just bring an Acoustic 6-string.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
has no one suggested the obvious yet?

AFRICA BY TOTO

good luck on your trip btw
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
play whatever you can please to your hearts content.

have a safe strip!

im off to lunch!
"the end has no end"
why would you go there, there's nout to eat...
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
put it in drop d and play stockholm syndrome.
EDIT: forgot about numbers of frets. it might be an issue. you can find ttfaf somewhere on youtube for ukelele
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Jul 23, 2009,
Watch out for the Super Aids.

Seriously tho they say the first ever humans came from Kenya go check out where the first ever human remains were found.
or you could play Hollywood(Africa)- RHCP...... i hope you have your ukelele wah pedal

Quote by mulletboy14
Haha, sounds like fun. I'll try and think of some songs... unless you wanna just play bass 10 000 octaves higher than normal.
Could probably get "Tuesday's Gone" into four strings, as well as some RHCP like "I Could Have Lied". And I think "Santaria" only uses 4 strings, except the solo.

Awesome songs (except for Santaria, which I never heard)! Those, or any typical ACDC song (i.e. TNT), random blues, and yes Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, even though you won't be able to play the awesome acoustic solo.
then why does your thing say "UG's Chilean"

Quote by KingJak236

Quote by Kensai
Quote by jimmyled
Awesome songs (except for Santaria, which I never heard)! Those, or any typical ACDC song (i.e. TNT), random blues, and yes Holy Wars... The Punishment Due, even though you won't be able to play the awesome acoustic solo.

"Santaria" by Sublime; great little slow, ska-ish song, mostly chords with some little arpeggios. Show those Kenyans some blues and hard rock; it'd like to see how someone without being exposed to that kind of music would react.
Why not bring a guitar?
Even if you get one of those stupid First Act ones from Toys R Us so it doesn't take up much room, at least you have 6 strings.
Quote by __Pent__
Why not bring a guitar?
Even if you get one of those stupid First Act ones from Toys R Us so it doesn't take up much room, at least you have 6 strings.

Well i literally have no room at all, it would have to fit in a standard size rucksack. My bright pink ukulele will keep me entertained and stop me from going crazy with the lack of guitar!

That uke cowboys from hell is sick!
Have fun in Kenya!!! I'm going to Tanzania next summer...so excited! You should blog your trip!!!
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
breakdown - jack johnson (actually ukulele). if your into that kind of thing

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
Quote by Stupot1
Seriously tho they say the first ever humans came from Kenya go check out where the first ever human remains were found.

You are thinking of Ethiopia.

And I don't think I've ever even seen a ukulele outside of photos so I know nothing on this matter.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Jul 23, 2009,