Ok, so i'm saving up for a new amp, and i've narrowed it down between the peavey vypyr 75, and the B-52 AT 112. My local stores have the vypyrs in stock, but not the b-52. I want to ask, is the tone that much better than the vypyr, because it's tube? I've heard it's a poor man's mesa. I just want to hear the truth before i decide.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
the vypyr has a 60 watt tube version that rock the solid state ones. check it out. i have no experience with b-52s sorry.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Im not a big fan of the B52 but there are alot of guys that love it.. Also it far from a mesa as far as tone. The only thing similiar is the rectifier, other then that its a tone of its own.
genres? the vypyr should do just about anything and everything when i personally dont like the B-52 for anything but thrash metal
Quote by kurtebirdi
genres? the vypyr should do just about anything and everything when i personally dont like the B-52 for anything but thrash metal

this. u got me thinking and i youtubed and read some reviews on the b52, and although it sounds great, apparently a lot of them just blow up for no reason. im too paranoid to have something like that. id rather get something else with better quality control, but thats me.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC