So as the title states, i mainly play metal (thrash) but not wanting to hinder myself and take my playing further and to have a little more creativity i would like to learn some jazz and blues. So does anyone have boy suggestions on songs i could learn to get started.

Anything helpful would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
do you follow lessons with a teacher?? ask him, he probably knows the best what your capable of and stuff
This is really hard to answer but you can never go wrong with Wes Montgomery and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
why does everyone like metal so much... Anyway, if you don't know the twelve bar blues obviously you should learn that. Learn to play in different keys. Learn to play solos in different keys and use the right notes and bends. Listen to blues players like freddie king, albert king, stevie ray, you know, whichever ones you can find. Learn some of their licks that you like and use it in your solos, rthym, etc. Oh and be able to play the right notes during the right chords like not use the major 3rd on the 4 chord.
What if you could learn both some jazz and blues based things from a hard rock/metal band?... well you can!, learn every Black Sabbath song.
1971 - was the f***ing year
Bobby Liebling is the man!
Quote by Ridder Lugtepik
What if you could learn both some jazz and blues based things from a hard rock/metal band?... well you can!, learn every Black Sabbath song.

That would be blues not jazz.
Quote by you = fail
WHy not just learn some Opeth?

I'd say that's a pretty good suggestion.
Maybe Mars Volta as well, or Oysterhead.