Hi

Could anyone tell me how to change a nut on a guitar?, specifically on a Fender Stratocaster. Is it difficult? What tools do I need?

Thanks.
look on youtube, there'll be countless vids.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
i used a chisel, a hammer, and a small woodblock. the chisel and hammer worked best but i was dangerously close to screwing up my neck.

with enough force and patience, it should come out since it's held in by glue.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
If you don't know how, take it in to the shop and let them do it. Its better to pay to have it done right , than to pay to have them repair the damage you did while trying to do it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by UnsignedRecords
i used a chisel, a hammer, and a small woodblock. the chisel and hammer worked best but i was dangerously close to screwing up my neck.

with enough force and patience, it should come out since it's held in by glue.

Ya I think a hairdryer would be a good tool to heat up the general area and try to loosen the nut. Anyway ts why do you need to replace the nut?
Its held by glue so some taps with a chisel should remove it.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ