I posted a few days ago about doing a flying V(RR one). Well, instead of buying warmoth stuff, i thought i would just do a kit, have it painted and later swap pickups. Well, im looking for a Flying V(original style) guitar Kit without the pickguard. If anyone knows of one, please tell me, i would love to hear about it. Very interested in getting one. Help me out if you can, please

Thanks
Quote by ohspyro89
Ya know, you could build one exactly how you want it for cheaper than you can buy it. I'd suggest it, it's not very hard if you've got a router and hand tools.

well yea, ive thought of that, but wouldnt that be really hard for a person who has never dont woodwork or any guitar building/customizing?
You gotta start somewhere.

Plus you'll learn more by building it yourself, and its more rewarding knowing that you built the thing, not just assembled it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
You gotta start somewhere.

Plus you'll learn more by building it yourself, and its more rewarding knowing that you built the thing, not just assembled it.

hmm...Thats not a bad idea, ill look into it, thanks alot.
Well my friend I also am interested in building a Flying V. I have all the parts axcept neck wood. You can do it. If you have basic tools anythings possible, just take your time at it. Here are my ideas, maybe this can give ya so motivation.

Hey, irrelevant to thread, but Major94, where do you plan on getting those tuners? I've looked a few places and cant seem to find em online

btw nice mockup
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

thats a king V, mind ya not a Jackson headstock, whatever i'll shut up now.

but really building is easier, and depending where u are, cheaper, or close to. and more fun.

+keep reading around GB&C and it'll be way ewasier to figure out. cheers
My first build is using an ebay neck. Everything else is all actual wood. SO much more rewarding than doing a kit.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
oh,wow good to know that you guys know a lot about this stuff. Oh yea, and isnt it easier if you get plans? To get the exact shape, and not just eyeball it? Idk, just what i heard.
yeah, definitely, never, especially if its your first time, try routing without templates, but you dont necessarily have to splurge on the premade plans, you can make your own with some MDF or the like
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

hmm, the more i look into it, the easier and more realistic it looks. Im gonna try. Oh yea, and can i just get some mahogony from a lumber yard instead of ordering it as a plank?

Thanks.
You can find good templates online. Googles is your friend here.

Depending on your location, you should be able to find a lumberyard that stocks Mahogany, but make sure it's properly dry before you buy it. No sense spending money on wood if it's just gonna warp.

Quote by ninjasnpirates
thats a king V, mind ya not a Jackson headstock

That is a Jackson headstock...

What I'd like, though, is for everybody to stop calling any V-shaped model a "Flying V".
Quote by bv310
You can find good templates online. Googles is your friend here.

Depending on your location, you should be able to find a lumberyard that stocks Mahogany, but make sure it's properly dry before you buy it. No sense spending money on wood if it's just gonna warp.

any way for an amateur to check that?
Ask them @ the lumber yard
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

Just ask the place what moisture content they keep their wood at. Should be around 8%, iirc. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please)

If you buy the wood thick enough, you should have no problem.

Quote by King of King V
Flying V or King V...theres a diffrence.

im doing the flying V. More specificly randy's polka dot V, originally dont buy Karl Sandoval.