Hey everyone

I have a HUGE dilema with my classical guitar

I was changing the strings today (from normal tension to hard tension) and my high e string is buzzing like mad. and I don't mean a little buzz...i'm talking it sounds like some child screaming in my ear. I don't think it's the string itself, though, because when I play e on my B string (5th fret) it buzzes as well. It seems to be an issue with the bridge...but I'm not sure exactly. The reason i say that is because that's where the sound is comming from- the area near and around the bridge.

What should I do? Do I have to take it in to get repaired (and how much is THAT gunna cost me?)

Thanks so much for any help. I'm sad because this is my FAVOURITE guitar.

Jennifer
RAWR Means I Love You In Dino
take it to a shop, and we don't know how much it would cost. usually things are on a case by case basis.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
yeah, take it to a tech. I'm a big do it yourself guy, but really any of the problems it could be would basically need to be fixed by a professional anyway...so you may as well have him diagnose it there.

Its most likely a bridge problem, but who knows.
If its a bridge problem then it shouldn't really cost too much because they probably see that problem all the time. If its more involved or a larger problem then it will be more...but it depends on the problem.
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!
Thanks for the help everyone.

It's since stopped...I think it's like...the tuning or whatever...my guitar teacher from school told me that it might be an issue with frequency and to adjust the tuning, i did, and it stopped for the most part. If it continues later and I can't get it to stop, I'll deff. take it in. Thanks so much for your help

Jenn
RAWR Means I Love You In Dino
wait, you retuned it and the buzzing stopped? Did you tune it up or down? Was it fret buzz from the string being too loose?
Composer of Scores for Film/Video Games/TV/and More!
Contact me if you have a project that you need music of any style for!