So yesterday I receive this hernia inducing package.

(Note: this pic is probably a 1/100th scale model )

After dragging it upstairs, I open it up.

And it is...

A Vetta.
It was upgraded to the Vetta II software before the guy shipped it though. The guy was willing to let it go for only $450+shipping, and it works wonderfully. The only problem is that the backlight on the preset select starts to flicker and then it goes out, but it is still pretty visible.

And a question to any Vetta users- what components would I need to successfully hook it up to my computer? I find the Public Tone Exchange concept quite interesting and would like to download/upload patches and tones.
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Jul 23, 2009,
lovin' it!

i would have had a hernia too if a box like that arrived at my place with an expensive piece of equipment inside.
HNAD!

I've been looking to try one of those!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
awesome, great deal you got on it. how's it sound?

a toast to the TS!!

HNAD!!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Some first impressions:

Going back to Line 6 after dealing with my Spider III (ew) was a bit daunting. I had never tried an of their high end stuff (the Vetta and the HD147) and had tried the Spider Valve, which I personally didn't like... still sounded too digital. While I had heard great things about the Vetta (most of them from here), I was a bit wary about how digital it would sound.

But that doubt was instantly gone when I played it. Wow... I cannot believe that I got it for $450 because I would have payed much more than that for it. While it still has a smidge of digital quality to it, it sounds right in the ballpark of what amp it is emulating.

When I would get an amp, usually it only took about a day or two to make a mental list of what it could and couldn't do- for instance, my Ampeg VH140C is great for metal and clean, but a bit sterile for classic rock and jazz. Then my old Bogner Duende could do classic rock and jazz and cleans wonderfully, but metal was a bit out of it's reach. With the Vetta, every sound I could want is in my grasp. It's great.
The only thing I worry about now is how delicate it is. I live in Las Vegas, and the only Line 6 service center is a good hour drive. The Vetta seems like a giant computer stuffed into an amp- which is good, but computers bug up and have problems... and shipping would be a total bitch.