Looking to get either the Line 6 Spider valve 212 or the Marshall MG100DFX.
Which one's better? Pros and cons, no bias please. ty <3
Another unoriginal prog head.
No vs. threads.

If you want amp recommendations, look at my sig.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Spiders suck ass.
MGs suck ass.

I'm guessing you're just a troll. But if not, think about different amps, those are possibly the worst 2 amps you could get.

EDIT: Actually, Spider I, II, and IIIs suck... I'm not sure about Spider Valves, but I'm guessing they aren't much different.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 23, 2009,
If it was worded differently, this thread wouldn't have been a vs thread.

Anyway, out of those two, the Spider Valve is much better. It actually sounds good compared to the MG. But you have to get used to it and program your own channels (and stick to them) to avoid getting large volume jumps.

Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
EDIT: Actually, Spider I, II, and IIIs suck... I'm not sure about Spider Valves, but I'm guessing they aren't much different.

Actually, they're much different. Tubes, man. They got tubes. Sounds way better than the pure digital ones. Good job knowing your stuff, bro.
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Jul 23, 2009,
Whats your budget? There are better amps that can be found in the same price range as the two that you mentioned.
Spider Valve.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Spiders suck ass.
MGs suck ass.

I'm guessing you're just a troll. But if not, think about different amps, those are possibly the worst 2 amps you could get.

Perhaps you might wanna think for a few seconds before you start trolling.
I can't get a JCM800 combo because i have a limited budget, even though I really want it. Therefore I resort to either one of these 2.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Whats your budget? There are better amps that can be found in the same price range as the two that you mentioned.

$900 tops, I'm looking for an amp with great distortion that's versatile, as in rock to the heaviest of the heavy metal. I prefer to get a tube amp.
the line 6 spider valve would be better because the tubes will give it some natural sound. the digital effects can be fun if u use them right. maybe try them out and see what you like? see if theres any other amps in your budget that suit your playing style...
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Actually, I tried the line 6 couple of time, but I could never find the Marshall, and I don't really want to stick to just 1 amp that i've tried.
and i really don't know which amp best suits Children of Bodom, shred, and general metal
Go craigslist.
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
Quote by Ne0Assass1n
Perhaps you might wanna think for a few seconds before you start trolling.
I can't get a JCM800 combo because i have a limited budget, even though I really want it. Therefore I resort to either one of these 2.

Did you ever think about a Roland Cube? Same basic price as those 2, except its much better... Or depending on your style, you could buy a Blackheart Little Giant half-stack or combo, or a Blackheart Handsome Devil Half-stack or combo. The Little Giant is $350 and the Handsome Devil is $450.

EDIT: Nevermind about the 2 Blackheart amps, they are definitely not fit for your genres.

EDIT2: And I see that your budget is $900... You can buy very good amps at that price. You don't have to stoop so low as to buy a Spider or MG.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jul 23, 2009,
This thread has angered the lord.........

As for me I would pick the spidervalve if those where the only two I had to choose. And side note if your going to using it for low volume playing only you just as soon save some cash and buy yourself a Spider III...
Spider Valve gets far too much stick in the forum. Try it people, its pretty damn good.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Spider Valve gets far too much stick in the forum. Try it people, its pretty damn good.

I have tried it... Its basically a spider with a tube power section. So its a tad warmer but still sounds like a spider until you crank it and then it livens up quite a bit. But until then its just a fancy paper weight.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Did you ever think about a Roland Cube? Same basic price as those 2, except its much better... Or depending on your style, you could buy a Blackheart Little Giant half-stack or combo, or a Blackheart Handsome Devil Half-stack or combo. The Little Giant is $350 and the Handsome Devil is $450.

EDIT: Nevermind about the 2 Blackheart amps, they are definitely not fit for your genres.

EDIT2: And I see that your budget is $900... You can buy very good amps at that price. You don't have to stoop so low as to buy a Spider or MG.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT A SPIDER VALVE! Jesus, read once in a while.

And with $900, go for a Traynor YCV40+OD pedal to push it into metal territory. Or you could get a peavey windsor half stack easily, it's a very close JCM 800 clone.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
out of the two the spider valve is better but for $900 you can get something much better
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by CullenT
HE'S TALKING ABOUT A SPIDER VALVE! Jesus, read once in a while.

And with $900, go for a Traynor YCV40+OD pedal to push it into metal territory. Or you could get a peavey windsor half stack easily, it's a very close JCM 800 clone.

I know he is. There isn't that much of a difference between that and the spiders I, II, and III. And considering his budget is $900 he definitely can buy something much better than a Spider Valve, which is what I said, except I didn't say valve, cuz I figured it was understood.
Troll, obviously troll.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
why are you all so ****ing mean, ffs i tried the spider valve and it sounds great. i obviously haven't played all the JCMs, but i cant be bothered thinking about getting them because i have a limit. the spider valve 212 is $830, at least i can mb spend the rest on a chorus pedal or something. don't be so square. jesus.

anyone else have good suggestions that i might consider instead of just trolling on my thread?

my point is, i don't buy amps just beacuse some find it terrible. i'm looking for an upgrade from a POS line 6 spider 3. get my hint?
Last edited by Ne0Assass1n at Jul 23, 2009,
With a budget of $900. There are many amps out there in the used market that are better than either of the amps you first asked about. Especially better than the MG. Check Craigslist in your area. Right now it's a buyer market. There are tremendous deals to be had. Like a Laney AOR100 ProTube the other day in Atlanta CL for $200!

Have you tried out any other amps in your local mucis store(s)?
peavey 3120 or the 6505 combo? a ton better if your looking for really high gain, lots of stuff you could look at. check that thread that was linked earlier
Quote by cliff_em_all

+1, Spider Valves sound pretty good. Not as good as a Vetta, but I would buy one.

FYI, TS, you can get a JCM 800 for $900...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I know he is. There isn't that much of a difference between that and the spiders I, II, and III. And considering his budget is $900 he definitely can buy something much better than a Spider Valve, which is what I said, except I didn't say valve, cuz I figured it was understood.

Yep, you're definitely an '09er.
stereo the spider lll and mg. approach this as a democrat, buy both!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Spiders suck ass.
MGs suck ass.

WTF I'm sorry but the Spider Valves are actually great amps. Have even played a Spider Valve? Probably not. I know you used to have a Spider, but the Spider Valves are alot better than the SS ones. Thank you for editing your post. Don't just bash Line 6 just because you bought a crappy SS Spider. Jesus Christ.......

Anyways, don't just bash 09rs. I'm an 09er..... I'm kinda smart. So is DR.Pain MD and he knows his stuff

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
^^Yup and an idiot. He said in a previous post that he didn't know about the Spider Valve but he figured they wouldn't be much different. Asinine assumptions FTL!

Alright, alright, my mistake... But with a $900 budget he can get a better amp than that, can he not?
AVOID THE MG!

The spider valve is a decent amp, but for your budget you can get better, Vetta's would sound awesome for your genres, but you may need to go used to stay within your budget, but it would definitely be worth it IMO.