Hey Guys,

Just got my Jackson DK2L today

Iam currently using a Line 6 Spider but it sounds dreadful. I'm looking to buy a new one but am not sure which one is best for me. head n cabz or a combo. peavy, marshall,crate

I got about £1400 to spend and play Thrash Metal.

Thanks cheers
i'd go peavey or marshall over crate. a jcm900 or 800 with an OD might be good for you, or a peavey 5150 or 6506. im not positive for thrash tho; its not really my kind of music
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
if you're open for suggestions then i would say you should try an ENGL, you might like it
Marshall JCM 800 or Peavey 5150/6505?
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Thanks Guys,

I think i'm gonna go with the PEAVY 6505 with the
VALVE KING 412 SLANT,
WINDSOR 412 STRAIGHT
with a free DIGITECH GRUNGE PEDAL

Cheers
^no! Do Not Get A Peavey Cab! Please!

EDIT: And the Grunge SUCKS!
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by vortexa411
Is the PEAVY 6505 ok though.
What cabs are good? Marshall

Personally I would choose a JCM800 over a 6505 for thrash, but to each his own.

Also, as Cullen said, stay away from Peavey cabs. Look into Marshall, Mesa, Randall, or Krank for big name companies. I'm sure there are some small companies over there that will make you a decent cab for a relatively low cost (i.e. Avatar here in the U.S.).
Pick up a used mode four cab from ebay or an orange 2x12. You do realize you could afford a marshall JVM with that kinda cash...
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Personally I would choose a JCM800 over a 6505 for thrash, but to each his own.

I agree. 6505 does more hardcore sounds and EVH type stuff. But it has PLENTY of gain and will do thrash, and is a great all around metal amp. The JCM 800 is just the amp of choice for thrash.

Quote by JaGi
Pick up a used mode four cab from ebay or an orange 2x12. You do realize you could afford a marshall JVM with that kinda cash...

JVM's are overrated.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Used Peavey 6505/5150 with a Marshall cab. An Engl Fireball would be great too!
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
In my opinion, try to find a used 5150 Combo in great condition. They're floating around everywhere. They sound TONS better than a 6505. The 5150 head with a good ol' Marshall cab is gonna sound great as well.
Quote by vortexa411
Thanks Guys,

I think i'm gonna go with the PEAVY 6505 with the
VALVE KING 412 SLANT,
WINDSOR 412 STRAIGHT
with a free DIGITECH GRUNGE PEDAL

Cheers

Two 4x12s? That's fecking lunacy - hope you've got a van and don't play venues with many stairs...

In the last ten years I have never seen a full stack anywhere except a hard rock arena concert. No need whatsoever.
Quote by kyle62
Two 4x12s? That's fecking lunacy - hope you've got a van and don't play venues with many stairs...

In the last ten years I have never seen a full stack anywhere except a hard rock arena concert. No need whatsoever.

Two cab's isn't lunacy, but it isn't a necessity.

I can fit both of my cabs, both of my heads, my guitar, all of my cables, and my pedals in my car and still have a seat open for a passenger. People make such a big deal out of transporting gear when its really not that bad at all.