Hi

My Fender Stratocaster currently has an 8-hole pickguard, but I want to put in an 11-hole pickguard.

Is it safe just to drill 3 extra holes in?

How should I go about doing this?

I have almost no experience with DIY stuff, what do I do? Drill a hole and then put the screw in? Will the screw go in?

Please could someone tell me exactly what to do?!

Thanks.
you could easily just not put screws in those extra holes, but then again, i think the screw placements are slightly different from an 8-screw to an 11-screw. correct me if i'm wrong on that?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
you could easily just not put screws in those extra holes, but then again, i think the screw placements are slightly different from an 8-screw to an 11-screw. correct me if i'm wrong on that?

Je ne sais pas
Quote by randomhero93

+1

Pretty sure it's not just 3 more holes, but the other 8 are located differently as well.
So you'd be drilling more holes...

You won't physically hurt the guitar by drilling a few holes, just be carefull and make sure you put them in the exactly correct location, and don't use too big of a drill bit.

The only negative would be maybe losing a little bit of resale value. MAYBE, and just a LITTLE.

So in the end it's really up to you...

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
+1

Pretty sure it's not just 3 more holes, but the other 8 are located differently as well.
So you'd be drilling more holes...

You won't physically hurt the guitar by drilling a few holes, just be carefull and make sure you put them in the exactly correct location, and don't use too big of a drill bit.

The only negative would be maybe losing a little bit of resale value. MAYBE, and just a LITTLE.

So in the end it's really up to you...

Oright thanks.

I suppose my question has changed - Can anyone find me a 3-ply white 8-hole pikguard?

Thanks.
One thread per topic, please.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...