I want to build a stratocaster but i would like a 2 post bridge... can anyone give me a diagram for where the holes would need to be drilled exactly??

or any help regarding the subject would be good...

basically i would buy a strat body and if possible change it from a 6 post to a 2 post?

thanks
i think all you have too do is buy the bridge with the two posts and pop it in there.
the only thing is i dont think it would be as stable as the 6 post bridge.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
2 post, like a tune-o-matic?

For a 25.5 scale length (most strats):

25.562" (±0.030") from nut to center of treble-side post. Mount bass-side post 1/16"-1/8" further from the nut.

Stewmac fret calc.
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by RJackson
2 post, like a tune-o-matic?

For a 25.5 scale length (most strats):

25.562" (±0.030") from nut to center of treble-side post. Mount bass-side post 1/16"-1/8" further from the nut.

Stewmac fret calc.

I'm pretty sure he means a 2 point trem, like on an american strat
Fender 70s series Stratocaster
Vox V847A wah
Boss BF-3
Ibanez TS-9DX
yeah a 2 point trem

and there arent really any 2 point bodies around they are rarer in the uk
Many probs.

Holes would have to be filled, then new ones drilled, depending on your model.

Also, string spacing differs on many strats, by going 2 point, you may well end up with wider spacing, putting the low and high e strings very very close to the edge of the fretboard.
Quote by Torbjorn 66
screw it then, i'll just have a 6 point seems much easier

i'm thinking yellow...

It's very common to set up the 6 point to act like a 2 point.

Just set it up using the two outer screws, then raise the innermost 4.

Voila.

Slightly less "knife edge" like the 2 points, but you could feasibly file away the outer 2 holes until some approximation of edge is achieved.

The only problem is that the typical cheap and zincy strat plates will "dull" quickly, or corrode from the lack of plating.

Higher quality aftermarket are machined exactly like this, for exactly this reason.