Hey guys,

I have a american dlx strat hss with locking tremolo. I am not liking how the stock fender dh-1 humbucker sounds on it. What would be a good pup to change it to? I need something that can give me from ac/dc to dokken sounds. I only have about $100 to spend.
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
either a duncan distortion or a dimarzio ( i think thats how its spelled ) super distortion.
my friend has a strat with two duncan distortions and it sounds mean as f*ck
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I think EMGs would look pretty good. I'm not sure that you would get the range that you would like though.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
What about the sd custom custom or 59?
Fender Am. Dlx Strat HSS LT
Budda budwah
Fulltone OCD NEW!
Tonebone trimode
EB VP JR. NEW!
Boss TU-2 Tuner
TCE ND-1 nova delay
Voodoo Labs PP2+
Dimarzio Ygnwie, mogami gold, monster rock cables
BH little giant half stack
either a duncan distortion or a dimarzio ( i think thats how its spelled ) super distortion.

this
It sounds like you need plenty of clarity, with a bit of bite and a fairly flat frequency response.

If you've got the cash to spare, get a Seymour Duncan SH-4 'JB' model, otherwise order an Irongear Hotslag or Steamhammer from the UK (http://irongear.co.uk/irongear_005.htm). Whilst I love EMG's, I think they'd be way too much in your case.