Recently I began to house my old Epiphone Studio 10 amp into a different housing, the only problem is I got these two (ground?) wires that I'm not sure where to connect them. One coming from the power cable, and the other off a corner of the circuit board. Here's a large picture to help you understand.

http://img194.imageshack.us/i/ampwiring.jpg/

Would I be fine mounting a piece of metal inside the case and attaching the two wires to it? Or will they need to be attached to seperate pieces? Sorry if I don't make much sense, I'm not that experienced this sorta thing. I can link to the schematic of the amp if that would help.
Its best not to connect both of them together, as the wire that goes from the power cable is how the chassis is connected to earth.

The wire that is coming off of the power cable should go to a bolt on the chassis close to the power inlet. The other should be attached to a seperate ground spot.
Quote by Invader Jim
Ground is ground, man (unless it's a tube amp).

True, but its a bad practice. You should always isolate your earth connection and your other grounding point so that you don't have any unexpected problems in the future.
Thanks for the help guys.

Being that this is getting fitted inside a briefcase...

I took it off the chassis and fit it directly to said briefcase...

So the only part really that it looks like I'd be able to fit them to is this piece of metal...

Any thoughts?
Well if it isn't in a metal shell, there's really no point in it. Grounding the chassis makes it a shield against noise and RF, etc. If done incorrectly, it can actually cause ground loops which add noise.

edit: that piece of metal is a heat sink. Be careful with that thing. The IC that is bolted to it gets very hot and that heat sink disperses the heat. You may wanna get another big piece of metal and bolt it to the back of that to help even more.

They are always bolted to the chassis so that the huge surface area can help carry away heat. If you do this, be sure to use a good thick layer of silicon grease between the bigger piece of metal and the back of the heat sink.
Like with any appliance you plug into the wall, there's always a risk (though small) of getting bit (mainly during a lightning storm or something).

As long as the circuit ground (yellow wire) is connected to the green wire (ground) of the power cord, you're safe. any surge will go straight to ground.

You can leave it as-is in the last pic...