Hey everybody,

so I have been building up my pedal board a bit lately, and there are still some pedals that I would really like to check out. With a budget of around $250 or less, which of these would you get next?

MXR Blue Box (I love the fun synth sounds and randomness that it is capable of)

Z.Vex Fuzz Factory (in the market for a good fuzz, as I'd like something different than my Big Muff)

EHX Small Clone (really love the lush, analog chorus sounds and I like the simplicity of it)

Boss PS-3 Pitch Shifter (someone recommended I check it out, I don't really know much about it other than the youtube vids I've seen).

or any other recommendations. I'm definitely open to hearing what pedals you guys have been digging.

My gear is in my sig :P

Thanks!
Look at a Way Huge Swollen Pickle Fuzz or the ZVex Woolly Mammoth Fuzz, both are much better than the Fuzz Factory, which is good, but overrated IMO.

Small Clone is my favorite Chorus as well. See if you can get an EHX Micro POG, much better than the blue box, and you can get the effect, plus more. I'm not a fan of the PS-3, but alot of people are. Again, EHX Micro POG.

Look at delays as well. EHX Memory Boy (When it comes out), Malekko Ekko 616, and BBE Two Timer come to mind. If you want longer delays, look at the Line 6 DL4 and the Boss DD-7

EDIT: Replace that crappy Carbon Copy NAO!
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
Look at a Way Huge Swollen Pickle Fuzz or the ZVex Woolly Mammoth Fuzz, both are much better than the Fuzz Factory, which is good, but overrated IMO.

Small Clone is my favorite Chorus as well. See if you can get an EHX Micro POG, much better than the blue box, and you can get the effect, plus more. I'm not a fan of the PS-3, but alot of people are. Again, EHX Micro POG.

Look at delays as well. EHX Memory Boy (When it comes out), Malekko Ekko 616, and BBE Two Timer come to mind. If you want longer delays, look at the Line 6 DL4 and the Boss DD-7

EDIT: Replace that crappy Carbon Copy NAO!

I like the Carbon Copy So it's not the warmest sounding analog delay, but it's a fun one haha. Eventually I would like to have a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay

I'll check out both those fuzzes for sure. Thanks for the recommendations! I've heard that the Fuzz Factory is overrated, but it seems to have a pretty good reputation regardless. Still, it's all about the tone, not the name.

Is the Memory Boy an updated version of the Memory Man? I haven't even heard of it! I'm going to look it up now

Thanks dude!

EDIT: Just looked up the Memory Boy and Memory Toy. I want it. Now :P When is it supposed to come out?
Last edited by Mr. Jiggy Fly at Jul 23, 2009,
Will Sledge's 'The Judge' instead of a Fuzz Factory.

I'd get the Judge, the Blue Box and the Small Clone.
Quote by Mitchell?
Will Sledge's 'The Judge' instead of a Fuzz Factory.

I'd get the Judge, the Blue Box and the Small Clone.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Judge. Haven't heard it, but I'll check it out.

Is anyone familiar with Devi Ever fuzz pedals? Seem to be pretty versatile and well built. But there are so many to choose from

Thanks for your advice man!
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Judge. Haven't heard it, but I'll check it out.

Is anyone familiar with Devi Ever fuzz pedals? Seem to be pretty versatile and well built. But there are so many to choose from

Thanks for your advice man!

I've already tried a few of Devi's fuzz at a local shop, I had a lot of fun with, but I found some seemed to be too much over the top for me, but I liked the more "normal" ones, they are great for the price. I really liked the rocket and the vintage fuzz master.
Quote by Sguit
I've already tried a few of Devi's fuzz at a local shop, I had a lot of fun with, but I found some seemed to be too much over the top for me, but I liked the more "normal" ones, they are great for the price. I really liked the rocket and the vintage fuzz master.

Yea some of them seem pretty ridiculous. I'm interested in playing around with the Electric Brown, The Shoegazer (one of the main genres I play ), and the Vintage Fuzz Master as well.

Thanks man, I'll check the VFM out for sure.
After trying the blue box and having some good expectations, i found that it has a horrible tracking, which is sad i thought it would be an amazing pedal, but left deceived. however, the micro pog has a great tracking that tracks full chords well enough.
As for a delay, i tried the nova repeater by tc electronics today, and it was fantastic, while the analog, studio and tape delay sound a bit alike, the pedal has a tap tempo feature, great delay tones, delay that goes from reverb to veeery long delays, and a few more features that are pretty neat.
as for a phaser, i'd look at the MXR phase 90, i didn't like the boss when i tried it, and also the EHX small stone, which is a bit more versatile
You could also look at flangers, although they can get more expensive if you want a decent one, although you'd have the budget for an EHX electric mistress =)
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by Darkflame
After trying the blue box and having some good expectations, i found that it has a horrible tracking, which is sad i thought it would be an amazing pedal, but left deceived. however, the micro pog has a great tracking that tracks full chords well enough.
As for a delay, i tried the nova repeater by tc electronics today, and it was fantastic, while the analog, studio and tape delay sound a bit alike, the pedal has a tap tempo feature, great delay tones, delay that goes from reverb to veeery long delays, and a few more features that are pretty neat.
as for a phaser, i'd look at the MXR phase 90, i didn't like the boss when i tried it, and also the EHX small stone, which is a bit more versatile
You could also look at flangers, although they can get more expensive if you want a decent one, although you'd have the budget for an EHX electric mistress =)

Thanks for the reply man! I actually own the Deluxe Electric Mistress, and I really enjoy it, although I use it more for chorus type tones than full on flange.

That's really a bummer about the Blue Box. I've heard mixed reviews on it; a lot of people have said just what you said. I'm actually thinking about spending the extra money and getting a POG2 rather than Micro Pog. Would this be advisable, or is the Micro almost on par with the full size?