Well im considering buying a guitar online for the first time. It's a Martin 000X1RGT and it retails and local stores for little over a thousand dollars canadian. I found it on musicians friend for $699 and says it ships free to canada. I have a few questions for those of you that have bought stuff through this website:

1. Are their any additional costs or do you pay exactly what it says?
2. Around how long would it take to get the guitar after i order it?
3. Is this site reliable? I know it's popular here on UG but should what are the odds the guitar arrives at my house damaged?

Thanks for the help
Musiciansfriend is the most reliable music supply website I know of. I don't know about shipping seeing as I live in the US, but everything I've ordered from them arrived sooner than expected.

Depending on your local laws, you might have to pay sales tax.

Don't know about Canada, but here they ship UPS ground and it takes 3 days or so... they'll give you a tracking number after you order.

3. Is this site reliable? I know it's popular here on UG but should what are the odds the guitar arrives at my house damaged?

They have a return policy, but if it's damaged in shipping I don't know. Maybe check into insurance? It may be included in the cost of the guitar. But they ship thousands of items a day and if it were a major problem, they'd be out of business.

I've only had good experiences with them --
Quote by milagroso

Depending on your local laws, you might have to pay sales tax.

Don't know about Canada, but here they ship UPS ground and it takes 3 days or so... they'll give you a tracking number after you order.

They have a return policy, but if it's damaged in shipping I don't know. Maybe check into insurance? It may be included in the cost of the guitar. But they ship thousands of items a day and if it were a major problem, they'd be out of business.

I've only had good experiences with them --

+1

Although I believe the sales tax actually depends on whether or not the company has a physical location in your state. For instance, if they ship guitars out of New York and you live in New York, you have to pay sales tax. They don't ship guitars out of Tennessee, so I don't have to pay sales tax.

Since you live in Canada, I have no idea.