Hey, quick question, what is the difference between the Kramer Vanguard and the Jackson Rhodes, both are pretty similar but I really can't tell.

Also which is better personally?
They're made by different companies. Find the spec sheets for specifics. And don't ask me which is better personally, what I like has no bearing on what you (should) like.
JAckson is the original, kramer took the body shape, same with the laiho sig by esp/ltd.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Jackson died and Kramer hates blacks
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
It pretty much did. Still makes good guitars though even though some people complain of a quality drop since Fender took over.
Quote by you = fail
Jackson died and Kramer hates blacks

I like the fact that Fender owns them now. It's basically fender's metal line, and offering a rhoads for 300 was their best idea ever. Because thanks to that, I own one. With a couple upgrades it's turned out to be a real great guitar. Threw a lace sensor in the bridge, and it's already 10 times better, I have had it for about 3 years now and have never had a serious problem with it.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
^The JSRR? I would trust it about as far as i could throw Kerry King. RR3 on the other hand, was a good price before a few months ago, and v. good quality.
Quote by Mazzakazza
^The JSRR? I would trust it about as far as i could throw Kerry King. RR3 on the other hand, was a good price before a few months ago, and v. good quality.

Yeah, best beginner guitar i've used. Could it be better? ****ing of course, but as a starter, I love it. The rr3 is absolutely a wonderful guitar. Yeah a bit pricey, But Jackson is one of the many companies where you get what you pay for. The only problem I have with the lower end models is the jack placement, gets in the way of playing while sitting down.
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Quote by Mazzakazza

I think the Js series jackson are very well put together for the price they are. For $400 I can get a good jackson made out of alder. Vs some kinda of B.c Rich or Ibanez made out of basswood.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
Lol Jackson did not die.

Michael Jackson and Kramer from Seinfeld.

Sad unrealized joke
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by you = fail
Michael Jackson and Kramer from Seinfeld.

Sad unrealized joke

Wow......I don;t watch seinfeld...but wow lol.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by King of King V
Far is I know Kramer are just jackson copies.

By that reasoning, you could accuse pretty much any guitar company of making Fender and Gibson copies.
Quote by CaptDin
By that reasoning, you could accuse pretty much any guitar company of making Fender and Gibson copies.

Yes you could. Except for some shape...but yes you can.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
TS, the Kramer Vanguards (from the 80's) are great guitars! Not sure about the body on them but the necks were most likely made by ESP. At least on the mid 80's and later models.

And I do believe that the first Rhoads models were custom built by Charvel when Grover Jackson was there. Or early on when he took control over Charvel. Anyone ever seen the old V's with the Grover Jackson logo on the head stock? I think Randy's first V's were hand signed by Grover.
...They still make Kramers? I thought that they were defunct, and stopped making guitars since they were bought by Gibson.
My grandfather would say: "I'm going upstairs to fuck your grandmother". He was an honest man, and he wasn't going to bullshit a four-year-old.

-Carlin
Quote by <3 Herman <3
...They still make Kramers? I thought that they were defunct, and stopped making guitars since they were bought by Gibson.

They still make guitars, but now Gary Kramer has started another company too.