Hi guys!

Some months ago i bought a Floorpod plus. It works just fine. The seller of the Floorpod told me that i could connect it to my computer to get the sound out of my speakers or to record with, if i bought a new soundcard.

I bought a Line 6 GX soundcard today. When i plug my guitar into the soundcard i can get awesome sound by just using the Line 6 GX and the POD farm software.

When i plug my guitar into the Floorpod and then into the GX i get strange sound and a lot of irritating noises...

I wonder, is the Floorpod just unnecessary in this case? And why did the seller of the Floorpod tell me that i could connect it to my computer to get the sound out of my speakers with a new soundcard, if i can get the same sound by just buying a new soundcard..

Another question i have is, when i plug my speakers into the Line 6 GX soundcard, i can only hear my guitar, and no sound form the computer (music and stuff). But i have to do it, cause if i dont plug the speakers into the GX card, i cant hear the guitar... only sound from the computer.. What am i doing wrong here?

Hope you get it!

Thanks!
The floorpod is unnecessary. You could have just plugged the audio out of the floor pod into the line in of your computer. The GX replaces the function of the floor pod.

You may need separate speakers for the GX and computer. I'm not sure but you probably can go into the control panel/Sound devices/Audio and select the GX for playback. Then it would play back your computer sounds.
Quote by fly135
The floorpod is unnecessary. You could have just plugged the audio out of the floor pod into the line in of your computer. The GX replaces the function of the floor pod.

You may need separate speakers for the GX and computer. I'm not sure but you probably can go into the control panel/Sound devices/Audio and select the GX for playback. Then it would play back your computer sounds.

Okey, so you think i should have the speakers connected to my normal computer soundcard and try to set the GX as playback?
If you can set the GX as the playback sound device then you would keep the speakers connected to the GX.
Quote by fly135
If you can set the GX as the playback sound device then you would keep the speakers connected to the GX.

this. go to sound settings and choose the GX as the playback device
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yeh, but how is the Floor POD plus connected to your computer? USB? or do you have to buy a special lead to connect into another port?