So i tried to adjust the bridge saddle on my floyd which is ibanez s270 trs lo trem (i think)

I cant remember what i did because it was a year ago and i gave up. Basically i can get the saddle out of the floyd but i now cant get it to slip under the turny thing near the pickups. Im not sure what you call it but it turns with an allan key/wrench and isnt turning and no allan key seems to fit. I remember years ago i used to turn it i think and the saddle would slip under it and then you can adjust the scale length.

Ive tried lowering the whole trem to see if that would help but it doesnt. Ive tried knocking in the saddle to get it to slip into place but no.

Any suggestions? I dont know what i can do.
Detune the string - move bridge saddle by releasing the screw and moving the saddle by hand (there is one that fits, get one the right size).
Tighten, retune and test. Repeat.

EDIT: You can also use an intonation key in the keyholes sticking out into the cavity, behind the thumbscrews, if you have one.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Detune the string - move bridge saddle by releasing the screw and moving the saddle by hand (there is one that fits, get one the right size).
Tighten, retune and test. Repeat.

EDIT: You can also use an intonation key in the keyholes sticking out into the cavity, behind the thumbscrews, if you have one.

the saddle can move the problem is the screw will not loosen, so i cannot get the saddle to slip underneath it. as i said it was about a year ago i tried to do this so i cant remember if the screw initially went loose or if the saddle just slipped from underneath.
Eh. Which screw won't loosen, the one holding the saddle down on the baseplate? You have to find an allan key that fits. Then turn anticlockwise until you can move the saddle.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Eh. Which screw won't loosen, the one holding the saddle down on the baseplate? You have to find an allan key that fits. Then turn anticlockwise until you can move the saddle.

there are 6 of them..the nearest thing to the pickup on the guitar.
Yeah. One pinning down each saddle. Loosen them with the correct sized key, and then you'll be able to move the sadles.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Yeah. One pinning down each saddle. Loosen them with the correct sized key, and then you'll be able to move the sadles.

its just not moving eitherway. Anyway if i take this to a tech and it turns out the screw is burned out will he have these types of screws available, or are they common to find at guitar shops?
Oh I see. Did you relax tension on the saddle first by detuning the string? They might have to order a screw in, from Ibanez, I have no idea if most shops would stock one. Thing is, if the screw had stripped, I would expect it to come all the way out, not be stuck in. So I'm not sure what the problem is.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Oh I see. Did you relax tension on the saddle first by detuning the string? They might have to order a screw in, from Ibanez, I have no idea if most shops would stock one. Thing is, if the screw had stripped, I would expect it to come all the way out, not be stuck in. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

no string on it, but the other strings were on full tension.