I attempted to write a brutal death metal song. Like Hate Eternal brutal...
I failed so I wrote this. It's named after a level in Doom. I quite like it and hope you will too. C4C
Attachments:
thy flesh consumed.zip
Love the title and like the HE influence.

I hwowever did not like the hyper blasting throughout the verses (?). If you just change it up a little bit, mayeb some fills or cymbal work, it'd be so much more brutal. The chorus/refrain at 25 and etc however, I fell in love with. Very Morbid Angel/Rutan-ish. the solo was nothing spectacular, some sweeps and fiddlies, but nothing that stood out. I mean, it was a technically proficient, and note-wise it was sound, but I was kind of bored throughout it

Not a super huge fan of the riff at 54, but it was competent, and was pretty good with the harmonies.

With vocals, and maybe slightly different drumming, it could be really good. As of right now, it's pretty good, 8/10.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168094
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
thanks for the crit

about the hyperblasting in "verses": i don't know what else to put there, everything else i've tried sounds awful. any advice on that would be appreciated.

i agree that the riff at 54 wasn't that great, it was actually the one i wanted to put a solo over but for some reason i can't recall i obviously didn't
I just took out the sixteenth cymbals and varied up the snare hits.

It's only on the first verse though
Attachments:
thy flesh consumeddifferent drumsd.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I listened to the version with slays drums
This was pretty good.. I loved the "main" riff, the first one it kicks into.. great way to kick off the song, with the intro and then into that riff.. Some of the cymbal hits throw you off though, maybe that's the midis fault more than anything..

I liked the idea behind the dissonant chord holding in the next riff, but you should perhaps spice it up a bit.. I dunno how, but experiment a bit

The solo work is pretty sterile.. Skillfull and works totally in the keys etc.., but nothing special.. Never was a lead person, being a bassist and all..

The part where it changes to 7/8 a bit is great, I really like it, but the riff at 54 was, like Slay said, a bit boring.. Perhaps change the drums? Great idea, with the harmonies though..

The longer solo.. Sure well played, but I think it kills the mood a bit.. Try soloing in a half-whole diminished scale or something, I think it'd fit the song better

Overall nice, but with room for improvement..

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20873691#post20873691
there definitely is a lot of Necrophagist in there... that's probably due to the fact aside from a few others like Obscura and The Faceless, Necrophagist are almost the only death metal band i listen to. and i saw them about a week before i started this song.
47 is super The Faceless inspired, I like =D! Very good work, solo's are very Necrophagist-esque (too much at bar 87).

Overall, sweet song 3^2/10
We can only guffaw at all the humbug we are told about martyrs.
Quote by AngrySockMonkey
47 is super The Faceless inspired, I like =D! Very good work, solo's are very Necrophagist-esque (too much at bar 87).

Overall, sweet song 3^2/10

Loving this.