Are they just natrualy fizzy? This is really pissing me off, I'm trying to dial in a good tone on my 3120 but everything I do it sounds like fizz, I'm honestly thinking about returning it. Any help?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
What volume are you at and what are the tubes biased at?

Volume is about 1-2 on the master and 7 on channel volume, and I'm not sure about the bias

Do you think its mostly the volume?
the channel volume seems to high to give off a regular clean sound. when you say fizz, by the way, is it the tone of the guitar or background noise?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
the channel volume seems to high to give off a regular clean sound. when you say fizz, by the way, is it the tone of the guitar or background noise?

Say I just strum the open strings, I hear the distortion then its very fizzy in the background
Quote by metalcorefan
Volume is about 1-2 on the master and 7 on channel volume, and I'm not sure about the bias

Do you think its mostly the volume?

Here lies your problem, turn the master up to 7 and turn the channel volume to a usable level. Remember that these amps have a ton of saturation, with gain up much past 6 things start to loose definition and begin to get fizzy, even with the gain a 5 they have enough gain for any genre. Also as with any high gain tube it may need to be turned up louder before it really starts to open up.
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Last edited by Johnbryant at Jul 23, 2009,
does the 3120 have a speaker dampening option? if so, set it to loose.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by Johnbryant
Here lies your problem, turn the master up to 7 and turn the channel volume to a usable level. Remember that these amps have a ton of saturation, with gain up much past 6 things start to loose definition and begin to get fizzy, even with the gain a 5 they have enough gain for any genre. Also as with any high gain tube it may need to be turned up louder before it really starts to open up.

Alright I will try that out thanks

The dampening is on loose
^Yes, they sound much better on loose. Try cranking the amp for like 3 minutes and see if still sounds fizzy.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Mitchell?
What cab are you using it with?

Maybe try some new tubes?

Its a custom made cab with v-30's

The amp is brand new, do you think tubes would cause the fizz?
at that volume, the speakers aren't moving enough air. This is common with high gain amps of any type played at low volume, SS or tube, in my experience.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
at that volume, the speakers aren't moving enough air. This is common with high gain amps of any type played at low volume, SS or tube, in my experience.

I havent had a chance to crank it yet, so up the volume = no fizz = me not being pissed?
Quote by oneblackened

I have a triple x 212 and i get fizzz at low vol but when its cranked it will make your face fall off. This guy is right. That amp is made to be LOUD. Dont expect decent tone at low volumes.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Turn the master up and turn the channel volume down. I had a similar problem and began to get nice tones when I went up on the Master and went down on the Channel...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by metalcorefan
I havent had a chance to crank it yet, so up the volume = no fizz = me not being pissed?

Yep.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Alright sweet, Thanks guys. I live in the country so I can crank it whenever I've just been busy with work so Tomorrow I will try it out