I have been thinking about buying a new distortion pedal. Should I go with a tubescreamer, or another brand?
what kind of sound are you looking for?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
What amp are you using?

A tubescreamer isn't a distortion pedal; it's an overdrive pedal, so I really doubt you'll get the sounds you want out of it running into the clean channel of your amp.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

Tubescreamer is an overdrive pedal. I could suggest an ibanez Jimini, its a decent pedal but clearly not for metal.

Maybe you could look at a metal muff from EHX?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

are you looking to get a metal-type distortion out of the pedal while running it through the clean channel, or are you looking for a pedal to boost your gain channel?
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5