"fender is the parent company that bought jackson guitars. They don't really do anything for each other, except for jackson now having a much larger distribution range."

That's what I thought! Which is just what that "rocker" person said!
I'v been told time and time again by people that Fender OWNS Jackson so I guess this clears it up.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Quote by Alex Vik
Yeah they do.

You just can't expect good answers on YahooAnswers.

Ok then....Can you explain what they do then?
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
Fender does own Jackson, but pretty much, they aren't that helpful to each other. Jackson gives fender a way to appeal to more people in the metal crowd, and Jackson gets a much larger distabution range thanks to Fender. They are almost more partners then Fender really "owning" jackson.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Yep, Fender owns Jackson. I think they done that to compete with Gibson owning Kramer.....maybe.....just a thought.
during the 80s companies like jackson, kramer, etc were bringing in more sales and taking market share from both fender and gibson, once metal lost a lot of popularity in the 90s the metal guitar companies tanked and were bought out for the intent to capitalize on the metal market seeing as music trends tend to repeat
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Yes Fender did, the guitars now have silly 10 digit long UPC style codes and are harder to order because of this (every Fender product is assigned a series of 10 numbers...i.e. an american std strat is 011-0402-706 for example...a pack of strings from fender might be product 099-5000-733).

Fender now owns and distributes Jackson, Gretsch, and Guild guitars
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
fender does own jackson, but jackson is jackson. Fender doesn't do much to jackson except widen the market.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
fender does own jackson, but jackson is jackson. Fender doesn't do much to jackson except widen the market.

And because they own them, they could potentially kill the line IF they really wanted to. They closed the Tacoma factory recently (which they also bought) in order to open a second Guild factory in the U.S. to keep up with production demand for Guild...so if Fender falls WAY behind, they might shut down the Jackson U.S. shop and convert it to Fender...I doubt it would happen, but they have the power to do that since they own the company as a subsidiary, but currently they exercise no control over the design/production of Jackson as it stands today, just distribution as started previously.
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Just a few things nobody mentioned about this "partnership" between brands since nobody seems to want to call it an ownership;

1. This means you can endorse Jackson and use all the Fender stuff you want, and likely vice-versa.
2. This means a portion of Jackson's profit goes to FMIC.
3. I believe this may or may not mean that Jackson has access to Fener's California and Mexico factories.

It also means they're the same relative quality of similarly priced Fenders in my experience.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Just a few things nobody mentioned about this "partnership" between brands since nobody seems to want to call it an ownership;

1. This means you can endorse Jackson and use all the Fender stuff you want, and likely vice-versa.
2. This means a portion of Jackson's profit goes to FMIC.
3. I believe this may or may not mean that Jackson has access to Fener's California and Mexico factories.

It also means they're the same relative quality of similarly priced Fenders in my experience.

And why's that? They're owned by Fender, that doesn't mean Fender workers have replaced Jackson workers.
I never change strings, I just order new guitars when strings break.
Quote by Demon_dave
Fender now owns and distributes Jackson, Gretsch, and Guild guitars

tl;dr

The Gretsch family still OWNS Gretsch. Fender only manfactures and distributes their guitars. Its in the October or September issue of Guitar World.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.