Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can get around this I've not been workin on this song for long but after the 64 bar acoustic intro i just can't seem to get anything good when the distortion kicks in. This would be the 5 song I've written with the current band. Its in C and is mainly using an augmented fifth scale. I think that may be the problem as its the first time we've written with a solid focus on that scale we will do a key change at one point but until then I'm stumped.......
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Borrow notes from other scales occasionally, don't think that the scale is an absolute limit.
i have had this problem a lot and recieved a lot of advice on how to deal with it, a lot of people told me to leave it and come back to it later, and some people have said they like to work on a different song for a while to get a break, but i have found whenever this happens to me, even though its a bit extreme is to delete the section beforehand, because more often than not you can hit a musical dead end, and by deleting this bit it gives you a lot more freedom to take it in a direction you want to go, and if you really want to keep the section in, there will probably be an oppertunity to use it later.
hope this helps!
Rob
I am Rob Rideout! Wearer of Pants!
Both helps out alot thanks. I'd just removed the part that sounded weird and elongated the acoustic intro with a key change that seems to be helping and seeing hows its nearly 1am in Scotland just now I'll sleep on it.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm