Hey. My band is being booked into this music venue but we need 2 hours worth of songs, so could anybody reccomend any songs for use to learn.

Extra info:

We're a four piece band (Female Vocalist, Guitarist, Bassist and Drummer).

We've been learning stuff like Paramore, Black Sabbath and Blondie.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Rush

Also, there is a bandleading forum.
I don't think we could don any Maiden cause I'm the only guitarist lol
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Rage's not effectsy songs like Bombtrack, take the power back, and Freedom.. They're a four piece. Primus' Mr. Knowitall rocks but I hope you can play guitar well and you have a good slap bassist
Well i can play Slash stuff is that good enough? lol

Don't book a show before you have a set length to fill the show. PLEASE.

I'll laugh at your epic failure if you do.

jk

But, seriously dont
We havent booked it, the owner ask me if i had a band then he said when you got a full set i'll book you in for a show.

Throw in a few orignals.

Most of the dudes here are kids and cant get into bars, so they don't know what the general consensus is of bands setlist at bars. Assuming thats where you are playing?

Depends on the age group. And as much as every likes bands that no one heard of, that **** really does not fly in a bar. Unless your crowd is into that. Play classic and modern. Even songs on the AT40 or Hot 100 Charts. Im more influenced my mainstream personaly, so is most of the people of the country. And those are the people you'd be playing for 8/10 times. Play:

GnR
ACDC
Zepplin
Whitesnake
Fuel
Metallica(MUST)
Three Days Grace
Creed
Seether
3 Doors Down
Rise Against
All That Remains(kinda show of your growling!) But most people wont know their stuff.

I don't know about all you guys, but thats how its done here.
-PV14 Mixer
-Crown XTI 1000 Amp
-Two PR15 mains
-Shure SM58
-Dbx compressor/gate
Green Day
Killers
Franz Ferdinand
Finger Eleven
OK GO
White Stripes
Velvet Revolver

+1 to Rise Against, Three Days Grace

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by jc71corvette
Throw in a few orignals.

Most of the dudes here are kids and cant get into bars, so they don't know what the general consensus is of bands setlist at bars. Assuming thats where you are playing?

+1

Well we're playing at the most popular music venue/bar in town. Our age group is 17 - 20.

But we had practice today and we played Emergency, Misery Business and Crushcrushcrush by Paramore, Don't Cry Guns 'N' Roses, Slither Velvet Revolver and Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry. So do you reck we're along the right lines?

Pub cover bands play massive sets, no other band does this and I don't get it
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by Tokai09
+1

Well we're playing at the most popular music venue/bar in town. Our age group is 17 - 20.

First of all, very few places have a drinking age of 18. Many places are 19, and a lot are 21. So, in other words, your age group is typically not the age group that is going to be listening. The age group that is going to be listening is going to be primarily in the 20-25 or 20-30 age group.

The music of their youth goes back anywhere from 5-15 years. In other words, 2004-1994. Pick bands and songs that are focused most heavily from 1994 (or even better 2000) onwards.

Quote by Tokai09

But we had practice today and we played Emergency, Misery Business and Crushcrushcrush by Paramore,

Paramore's biggest fan base is the age 12-18 age group, I would guess. Pass on Paramore, I would think.

Quote by Tokai09

Don't Cry Guns 'N' Roses,

What was that... 1992? Reaching a bit. Basically a 'classic rock' thing. Will it get people getting happy and up dancing? Nope. Will people like it... eh... maybe. At least they'll probably know it. Not a song I'd pick, though.

Quote by Tokai09

Slither Velvet Revolver

Yes!!! NOW you're in the ballpark!!

Quote by Tokai09

and Johnny B Goode Chuck Berry.

You are kidding, right? I mean, great song, but tired, tired, tired, tired. Why not just throw in Knockin on Heaven's Door, Radar Love, and Roadhouse Blues while you're at it? Blech. Oh, and Sunshine of Your Love. Haha. That stuff was tired when *I* started playing guitar and thinking about bands. That was in the early '80's!!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Well you live in Canada and bar rules are totally different in the UK (Not having a dig) cause you're allowed into this pub/bar when you're 16 and the whole Paramore thing yeah i undertsand where you're coming from but even my Dad likes Paramore and he's 58 lol. But what we're trying to do is cover a whole range like 90's music, 80's, Punk, Heavy Rock.

Id also suggest some who, if your bassist and drummer can keep up with Entwhistle and moon then something like who are you or wont get fooled again could be great