im looking to do a mod on a whammy so that when you pull back on the pedal it takes the note back to the original frequency if you get me. Like the sound of a bend and release.

Would this be possible? Its awhammy 4 btw and i would be getting someone to mod it for me as i dont have any electronics experience.
Last edited by Stupot1 at Jul 23, 2009,
isn't that what the divebomb setting does ? or do you have one of the older whammys ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
isn't that what the divebomb setting does ? or do you have one of the older whammys ?

no i mean like you play an E...the pedal takes it to a perfect 5th above but it wont bring it back to the e.
the whammy is digital, and modding digital effects is near imposible...id say no.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
link or its a lie. and $10 says they ripped out the digital guts and put in analog, that or they program computers for a living. thats essentially what the whammy is, a little computer.

EDIT: found the vid. okay, these guys modded for true bypass, easy with any pedal. the pitch limiter is hacking into the parameters of the effect, not the actual "action" of it. they're also experienced pros with tons of experience, in fact thats a company. also, cant you achieve what you want to do just by rocking the pedal back??
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Last edited by AngusJimiKeith at Jul 23, 2009,
Do you mean liek the Digitech whammy?
The Divebomb seting isn't too great. It makes it unaudible, when when the pedal is up.
Did the new ones fix that?
It sounds like 3 octaves lower, using divebomb, on the up position. Not really a div-bomb, but more of a Drop-Dive bomb.
..I was watching my death.
i only know of 2 whammy mods and none of them describe anything remotely close to what the OP is looking for. theres a true bypass mod which also does so neat stuff with dry/wet signals when pressing the original whammy switch. other than that theres that moltenvoltage box that plugs into the midi port and gives you a few other settings.

as stated before it's a digital pedal. modding it isnt as simple as swapping out a few resistors, caps and diodes.

and post the links to these youtube videos so we can see what you mean.
see my edit.

yeah people build pedals. all of them are analog, not digital.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by Stupot1
Anyone build pedals here?

look around. theres an entire thread dedicated to it. ultimate pedal building thread
Quote by noisefarmer
i only know of 2 whammy mods and none of them describe anything remotely close to what the OP is looking for. theres a true bypass mod which also does so neat stuff with dry/wet signals when pressing the original whammy switch. other than that theres that moltenvoltage box that plugs into the midi port and gives you a few other settings.

as stated before it's a digital pedal. modding it isnt as simple as swapping out a few resistors, caps and diodes.

and post the links to these youtube videos so we can see what you mean.

so would it be more likely ona POG with an expression switch?
Quote by Stupot1
so would it be more likely ona POG with an expression switch?

dunno. i never messed with a pog, never played one, never touched one. wouldnt know what its capable of. fcb1010 and ableton live with plugins solves all my pitch bending needs.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
also, cant you achieve what you want to do just by rocking the pedal back??

This is what I'm thinking too...