Please bare with me here...

So, my first few months of playing guitar are over, and now that the "trial period" is over, I know what my playing style is and I know what sounds I want to achieve... which is mainly classic rock, some alternative, and a touch of southern rock. So obviously I think the guitars I'm looking at are beefy Gibson and Epiphone classic style guitars.

I love my Epiphone G-400, but I remembered that Agile supposedly has guitars under $200 that can out-perform similar $800 guitars. So I decided to take a look at rondomusic.com, and I was amazed at the selection and affordability of their guitars. When I saw the AL-2000's, I thought they looked great, and I figured why not buy my SG her counterpart soul mate Les Paul? And especially at $200... But I don't want to waste my money on something that may be almost the exact same thing as my SG (especially since I think this is a case of GAS). Also considering I've never even seen an Agile in real life and have no way to test one.

So what do you think? Will buying this guitar expand my range of sound and ability? Or will it be not worth it? If you do think it's a good buy, what model do you think I should get? I've really had my eye on this one.

Also, if I do end up buying it, it probably won't be for quite a few months... And I'm planning on buying a good tube amp after Christmas (after I get some cash).

Thanks
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
I personally own an Agile-AL3000 and love it. However, if you have only been playing a few months and already love your Epi, you should save up your money for when you get better. Then I would recommend upgrading to a better amp first. But if you want to spend your money anyway, Agile's are great guitars for the money. Just make sure you to get it setup when you get it.
I have two Agiles, although I use them both for metal!
But I was thinking about getting a Dauntless for rock / southern rock & a bit of stoner metal kind of stuff
& that AL-2000 looks pretty nice! I'd think about changing the pickups, although that would depend on the sound they gave me once I got it!
I guess I'd recommend getting a new tube amp, like you said, & then getting an Agile, because they're great, especially for the money
I traded my MIM fender strat for an agile al 3000. Great guitar, great sounding and great hardware too. For the price they are great. Now don't think it will outdo a gibson, it won't. Its still a fine instrument though.

AS the guy above said, you shouldn't buy a new guitar yet as you probably won't really see a difference in sound due to your amp, you'd be better to save for a new amp that will be a better investment.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
I traded my MIM fender strat for an agile al 3000. Great guitar, great sounding and great hardware too. For the price they are great. Now don't think it will outdo a gibson, it won't. Its still a fine instrument though.

AS the guy above said, you shouldn't buy a new guitar yet as you probably won't really see a difference in sound due to your amp, you'd be better to save for a new amp that will be a better investment.

Is the $300 difference between 2-3000 worth it?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by JoePerry4life

People have compared some Agiles to Gibsons & prefered the Agiles, but it's all about personal preference, so you can't really say it won't outdo a Gibson, because that's only your opinion...
Quote by Royal_Brick
Is the $300 difference between 2-3000 worth it?

Depends. I'm perfectly fine with my agile. I change out the pups as I didn't like the stock pickups. Now I love it. Is a gibson worth 2000 dollars more? In terms of sound, there won't be that much difference. But the craftsmanship and more of the finer closer details will be better and plus its a gibson , so you can always sell it for a decent price lol.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Royal_Brick
Please bare with me here...

So, my first few months of playing guitar are over, and now that the "trial period" is over, I know what my playing style is and I know what sounds I want to achieve... which is mainly classic rock, some alternative, and a touch of southern rock. So obviously I think the guitars I'm looking at are beefy Gibson and Epiphone classic style guitars.

I love my Epiphone G-400, but I remembered that Agile supposedly has guitars under $200 that can out-perform similar $800 guitars. So I decided to take a look at rondomusic.com, and I was amazed at the selection and affordability of their guitars. When I saw the AL-2000's, I thought they looked great, and I figured why not buy my SG her counterpart soul mate Les Paul? And especially at $200... But I don't want to waste my money on something that may be almost the exact same thing as my SG (especially since I think this is a case of GAS). Also considering I've never even seen an Agile in real life and have no way to test one.

So what do you think? Will buying this guitar expand my range of sound and ability? Or will it be not worth it? If you do think it's a good buy, what model do you think I should get? I've really had my eye on this one.

Also, if I do end up buying it, it probably won't be for quite a few months... And I'm planning on buying a good tube amp after Christmas (after I get some cash).

Thanks

Waste of money if you ask me. You already have a guitar that's similar to it and a few months is nowhere near enough time to a smart decision when it comes to guitar purchases. You already have a decent guitar. The Agile won't add anything. You probably can't even tell the differences in guitars yet (both tone and feeling). You're technique probably isn't good enough to know which guitars work best for you. There's a huge chance that your musical style will change once you start getting better and incorporating more advance skills. You may need to get different things out of a guitar in a year from now. The longer the better. There's no need to get a LP when you have a SG at this point in your guitar career. Use the money towards a good amp.
Waste of money if you ask me. You already have a guitar that's similar to it and a few months is nowhere near enough time to a smart decision when it comes to guitar purchases. You already have a decent guitar. The Agile won't add anything. You probably can't even tell the differences in guitars yet (both tone and feeling). You're technique probably isn't good enough to know which guitars work best for you. There's a huge chance that your musical style will change once you start getting better and incorporating more advance skills. You may need to get different things out of a guitar in a year from now. The longer the better. There's no need to get a LP when you have a SG at this point in your guitar career. Use the money towards a good amp.
Way to break his balls haha... but yeah. This is good advice.
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by JELIFISH19

Ya this, I mean nothing wrong with Agile but they just seem to get hyped too much just like schecters (personal preference though)
anyone try there p90 lespaul?
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
If you are looking at upgrading get the 3000, not the 2000.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.