Page 1 of 2
used the searchbar didnt find another thread about it.

well anyway the lords of chaos movie is about Varg Vikernes of Burzum, and of all the people they could have picked to play varg they chose Jackson Rathbone the apparent teenage heart-throb from twilight, who else thinks this is one of the worst mistakes ever?

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/BLABBERMOUTH.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=120512

Discuss...
its terrible i bet all dose mainstream *****s are going to start listenin to burzum just beacause some F@G from twilight is going to be in da movie
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
Last edited by janneli561 at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by janneli561
its terrible i bet all dose mainstream *****s are going to start listenin to burzum just beacause some F@G from twilight is going to be in da movie

Yeah, all the twilight fans are gonna go see the movie just because they think it'll be another gay vampire film. It'll make black metal look even worse than its already being percieved as when they start listening to burzum also...
**** i hate those ****heads from twilight allways ruining everything
i know satan personallly and he said the ugliest thing hes seen was you and yo mama
Quote by janneli561

Well, I've never heard of them and you've ruined them for me because I imagine you as a twat.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar
Well, I've never heard of them and you've ruined them for me because I imagine you as a twat.

It's fine, Burzum isn't especially good anyway. And that's coming from a huge black metal fan.
Could be worse, not like they have the girl from Twilight playing the part of an ACTUAL punk rock musician or anything

Wait...
Quote by KeepOnRotting
It's fine, Burzum isn't especially good anyway. And that's coming from a huge black metal fan.

+1

Theyre not all that wonderful.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
+1

Theyre not all that wonderful.

I agree that they arent the best band in the world, but people like him should stay clear of this type of thing, the type of crowd that it will attract to the genre is not one that normal BM fans would be to appreciative of...
Quote by Chodegrinder
I agree that they arent the best band in the world, but people like him should stay clear of this type of thing, the type of crowd that it will attract to the genre is not one that normal BM fans would be to appreciative of...

New question. Does it really matter who listens to the music?
Quote by KeepOnRotting
New question. Does it really matter who listens to the music?

Another +1 to you

Yeah TS, I can handle them listening to it just fine, its just, if they begin mainstreaming all black metal, prepare for a lot of pissed off parents.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Another +1 to you

Yeah TS, I can handle them listening to it just fine, its just, if they begin mainstreaming all black metal, prepare for a lot of pissed off parents.

Yeah get ready for another church burning/teen suicide and some sort of BM band getting into the firing line about it.
Quote by Chodegrinder
Yeah get ready for another church burning/teen suicide and some sort of BM band getting into the firing line about it.

It's either black metal or Marilyn Manson again. Either way, nobody except PTA groups are going to care.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
It's either black metal or Marilyn Manson again. Either way, nobody except PTA groups are going to care.

Or that Westboro Baptist church or whatever its called.

Theyre gonna have a field day.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Or that Westboro Baptist church or whatever its called.

Theyre gonna have a field day.

"God hates black metal". You can't really do much damage with that, if God exists then it's probably common knowledge anyway.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
"God hates black metal". You can't really do much damage with that, if God exists then it's probably common knowledge anyway.

True true...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Who is Jackson Rathbone?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Who is Jackson Rathbone?

The dude from twilight lol, says at top of page
Quote by Chodegrinder
The dude from twilight lol, says at top of page

I meant which character? I'm a Twilight fan, but I'm not here to act like a poser or anything. I'm not a black metal fan at all and have no desire to listen to Burzum just because they make a movie about Varg (although I do find his story a bit interesting)
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Do some of you honestly think that 10-13 year old girls are going to start listening to Burzum? The band with ****ty production, and high screams sure enough to put off any mainstream listener? I'm assuming based on the soundtrack they like Linkin Park, Paramore and Muse, which have nothing wrong with them, but having such a drastic change in such a short time.. you just aren't going to see 13 year old girls with died black hair, inverted cross necklaces, spikes, and Burzum shirts.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Do some of you honestly think that 10-13 year old girls are going to start listening to Burzum? The band with ****ty production, and high screams sure enough to put off any mainstream listener? I'm assuming based on the soundtrack they like Linkin Park, Paramore and Muse, which have nothing wrong with them, but having such a drastic change in such a short time.. you just aren't going to see 13 year old girls with died black hair, inverted cross necklaces, spikes, and Burzum shirts.

yeah, burzum is kinda anti-mainstream... black metal in general is pretty much anti-mainstream so i dont think that because of this movie the focus will move from jonas brothers and miley cyrus to burzum, dimmu borgir etc... black metal is way too raw and brutal to be part of mainstream culture and thats kinda the beauty of it...

although i dont like black metal much lol but i do appreciate it and hope it stays underground and firm to its roots if anything the worst thing that can happen is that a "blackmetalCORE" genre will appear that will be black metal with all the edges blunt and twisted in a way that it will be unrecognizable sh.it hope it doesnt happen.....
There is a very thin line between an artist... and a serial killer
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I meant which character? I'm a Twilight fan, but I'm not here to act like a poser or anything. I'm not a black metal fan at all and have no desire to listen to Burzum just because they make a movie about Varg (although I do find his story a bit interesting)

To be quite honest, i really dont know which character he plays. ive never seen the movie and from what ive heard i dont want to watch it.
Quote by Chodegrinder
To be quite honest, i really dont know which character he plays. ive never seen the movie and from what ive heard i dont want to watch it.

He's playing Varg

And to everyone who has bad mouthed Burzum (so far in this thread)
BURZUM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
He's playing Varg

Oh right was he meaning lords of chaos, i thought he was meaning what character he plays in twilight...
Last edited by Chodegrinder at Jul 23, 2009,
That's such bull****...
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by Chodegrinder
Oh right was he meaning lords of chaos, i thought he was meaning what character he plays in twilight...

The guy said he was a twilight fan, so I assumed he already knew who the guy played in twilight
And on topic,
Varg has stated that many of the facts were exaggerated and some completely fabricated; Varg hates this movie and he wished it was never produced
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
The guy said he was a twilight fan, so I assumed he already knew who the guy played in twilight
And on topic,
Varg has stated that many of the facts were exaggerated and some completely fabricated; Varg hates this movie and he wished it was never produced

I think the director should ditch this attemps mainly because of the exaggerated facts, but who knows the film might be awesome! but yet again it might make all of the "scene kids" get on the black metal bandwaggon even quicker...
There was an article on this a few months ago, why is this news to everyone? I'm fairly pissed off, just because if I see a girl in a Burzum shirt just to be cool, I'm going to flip a bitch.

But yeah, I'm a little confused about this movie... who is the target audience? Twilight fangirls don't like black metal, so they wouldn't want to see it. People who like black metal don't want to see it. Who the **** actually wants to watch it? Is it only the girls who are wet enough for Edward that they would watch him in any movie that want to go see it?
Quote by blakkin
There was an article on this a few months ago, why is this news to everyone? I'm fairly pissed off, just because if I see a girl in a Burzum shirt just to be cool, I'm going to flip a bitch.

But yeah, I'm a little confused about this movie... who is the target audience? Twilight fangirls don't like black metal, so they wouldn't want to see it. People who like black metal don't want to see it. Who the **** actually wants to watch it? Is it only the girls who are wet enough for Edward that they would watch him in any movie that want to go see it?

I approve of your avatar
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
Bitch bitch bitch. If this really turns all the twlight fans on to Burzum, I'll be surprised. They'll probably dig the ambient stuff, but not the black metal stuff. But even if they do, w/e.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom

THIS is the fact you should all be irritated about.

Not the fact that they needs to cast someone famous to get views and make money. That is nothing compared to the fact that they are completely ignoring Vikernes' views on the subject.

And for that, the makers of this movie should rot.
Quote by raincoffin
THIS is the fact you should all be irritated about.

Not the fact that they needs to cast someone famous to get views and make money. That is nothing compared to the fact that they are completely ignoring Vikernes' views on the subject.

And for that, the makers of this movie should rot.

i guess if they casted someone of lesser fame and non twilight fame it wouldnt be as controversial but again it goes back to the incorrect facts that the movie is being based around.
Quote by icaneatcatfood

Not only that, but Varg has had a pretty violent life, so I don't think this film would be directed towards that age group.
Quote by SOADisdabest
Not only that, but Varg has had a pretty violent life, so I don't think this film would be directed towards that age group.

Saying that Varg had a violent life is like saying that Hitler was a bit of a Nazi.

It's most definitely not directed towards the same set of fans; they just happened to get all the 13-year-olds because they cast a famous figure (knowing that was the only way their shitty movie would get any attention.
Quote by Guitar_Kingdom
He's playing Varg

Any other conceivable genre of music>>>>>>>>Black Metal
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by Mr_Kite

That, sir, pertains to whom you're asking.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Quote by blackflag49
I wiki'd this Varg guy and he seems like a self-important douchebag.

That's a shame.

Although you checked Wikipedia first, so go figure.

Quote by Mr_Kite

I'll give you a break on this one because you like Firefly. Don't try it again.
Page 1 of 2