Hey all,
Sorry if this is a retarded question. But I'm looking to make a effects boards because I'm a cheap ass and I'm looking to power it without having to spend a lot of coin on something like the DC Brick.

So I saw the 1 Spot adapter and I'm wondering just how that thing powers all your pedals if it only plugs into one pedal. Know what I'm saying because I don't know if I'm explaining it well.

Anyone used it and what's your experience with it and how does it work?

Thanks peeps
i have it. it works great, and powers up to 12 pedals i think it is.
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
its a big daisy chain. It has a bunch of plugs and each plugs into a pedal. So Im using 4 of the daisy chain inputs into my 4 pedals. I built my own cheap ass board and what I did is I nailed a surge protector to the back of my pedal board and then use the one spot to power my pedals.

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Last edited by REV3LATI0N at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by jermzxsugarx

But how does it power that many pedals when there is only one wire on the adapter.
Quote by IcariumTheLost
Hey all,
Sorry if this is a retarded question. But I'm looking to make a effects boards because I'm a cheap ass and I'm looking to power it without having to spend a lot of coin on something like the DC Brick.

So I saw the 1 Spot adapter and I'm wondering just how that thing powers all your pedals if it only plugs into one pedal. Know what I'm saying because I don't know if I'm explaining it well.

Anyone used it and what's your experience with it and how does it work?

Thanks peeps

It has a female jack connected to several output DC jacks.

When you connect the main supply to it, it becomes capable of powering as many pedals as there are output in the chain.
Quote by jermzxsugarx

The number of pedal it can power really depends on the current (in miliamps) the adapter can handle and the current draw of your pedals. A boss PSA adapter provides around 250 mA, and different pedals have different current draws, the SD 1 for example, draw around 5 mA, the MXR Carbon copy I think draws like 26 mA, but the ones that are the most demanding are digital units, the TC nova delay draws 300 mA. Also, when you buy pedals always know what kind of adapter in takes, I've seen people on this forum frying tthere pedal because they plugged an adapter with higher voltage than the pedal can take. That said, any 9v adapter will work with any pedal needing 9v, just make sure you don't plug a 12v adapter into your 9v pedal
Anyone know if the daisy chain comes with the 1 spot? Or is it sold separate?

I'm wondering how to place my pedals too when I do this. I have a Stephenson Fix my Duck(boost/tone pedal), Marshall Jackhammer, Way Huge Fat Sandwich, and a Zak Wylde Wah. How would you place these? Right now I have the Booster-JH-FS-Wah.
Quote by IcariumTheLost
Anyone know if the daisy chain comes with the 1 spot? Or is it sold separate?

I'm wondering how to place my pedals too when I do this. I have a Stephenson Fix my Duck(boost/tone pedal), Marshall Jackhammer, Way Huge Fat Sandwich, and a Zak Wylde Wah. How would you place these? Right now I have the Booster-JH-FS-Wah.

the daisy chain itself is sperate, but if a store has 1 spots, they'll have the chains

I have a 1 spot and it works great, only 4 pedals running on it now, but I plan to add more.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
You can buy a pack with the daisy chain and the adapter, that's the picture unet posted. I use it and it works well. A bit of noise, but nothing unacceptable considering the price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by IcariumTheLost
What about my pedal placement? Does that matter?

nope, the 1 spot doesn't care what order your pedals are.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by DeltaFunk
nope, the 1 spot doesn't care what order your pedals are.

Ok, so the placement of my wah pedal won't affect sound? I always thought it was best to put the gain/distortion pedals first then the wah.
Last edited by IcariumTheLost at Jul 23, 2009,
^Well, in the sense of how you want your rig to sound it matters what order your pedals are in, but pertaining to the one spot it makes no difference. Hope that made sense.

I personally like the wah first, but to each his own.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by IcariumTheLost
Ok, so the placement of my wah pedal won't affect sound? I always thought it was best to put you gain/distortion pedals first then the wah.

do you mean in your actual signal chain or on the 1 spot daisy chain?

if your signal chain, than the "traditional" way is Wah first than gain pedals, but there really is no official rule, you can try out different orders and find what you like best.

the order that you put the pedals on the 1 spot doesn't matter at all
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by IcariumTheLost
Sorry, I meant my signal chain. But thanks on both fronts. Appreciate the help.

no prob
Rig

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
last time i tried a 1 spot thing i almost blew my whole pedalboard. I must have done something wrong.

To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET