Trying to get into a new genre of metal and hard rock combined

I love metal. I listen to bands like iron maiden as well as slayer metallica and megadeth. I'm trying to kind of get into a different kind of metal though. Kind of metal and hard rock. I want to get into bands like the sword. I don't mind if there's not good singing but I just don't like death metal screaming. Could some one please recommend me a heavy metal band like the sword who's got intense songs but not to intense. I'm thinking this would be 90s metal but more hard rock but with metal riffs. I'm beginning to like bands like the suicidal tendicies And the sword. Are there any more like this and what genre of metal would this be?
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Jul 23, 2009,
Thrash metal then.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
ok thanks I already love thrash. I was just kinds looking for something not as extreme to improve my styles of guitar playing.
I never head The Sword before but I checked em out on myspace just now. You owe it to yourself to check out Sleep and The Melvins. Both are classics in the metal genre and I think you'll like them based on what I heard of of The Sword. Start with:

Sleep's Holy Mountain, Sleep
Gluey Porch Treatments, The Melvins
Quote by Shreddinkevin
Metalcore maybe? Try Trivium, All That Remains, August Burns Red

What have you done!?
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Thanks the only song I heard from the sword is freya and I loved it's style. It's heavy but also good hard rock. Machine head is also really good.
Yes, what have you done? one of my friends likes that stuff and let me tell you if you don't like death metal you will NOT like that stuff *shudders at the mere mention of August Burns Sped*

New Mastodon, anyone? Their old stuff is death metal. But the new has basically no growls at all.

Other good choices:
Black Tide
Cellador (Power Metal!!!)
cKy
Clutch
Down
Dream Theater
GWAR
Revolution Mother
Sacred Mother Toungue (some growls/screams, mostly real singing though)
Testament
Turisas
Zimmer's Hole

For those of you who noticed that it was in aplhabetical order, that's because I just went down the list in my Ipod.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
I wasn't flaming him actually, merely highlighting the fact that suggesting Metalcore in here will unfortunately get you flamed.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by pitobodies
New Mastodon, anyone? Their old stuff is death metal. But the new has basically no growls at all.

What in the hell?

*rages*
Philosophy > Life
Quote by pitobodies

LOL
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!