Ok so for some reason my index finger can't press all the way to make a bar chord.this is the only thing im having trouble on..,I heard it can also be a problem with my fretboard and strings being far from it,but i doubt that,and i am getting a new guitar soon,so i just need a technique to help bar chord better
any suggestions?
Try having your index finger's first section off the fretboard, I can't think of a way to explain it, but, like, so its over the top. Then with any luck the other 3 sections will barre the rest. That's what I do and it works okay (but my fingers are probably just messed up)
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
a good way to work on finger strength is an acoustic if you are using an electric right now then do that I just move my index up a bit like the guy above said so some of my index finger is off the fretboard. I hope this helps I'm not a pro but I've been playing barre chords a lot and it's something good to know. Also it takes time to get it down I still mute one string in between with my index so I'm working on that with finger strength.
Quote by ColinMc
a good way to work on finger strength is an acoustic if you are using an electric right now then do that I just move my index up a bit like the guy above said so some of my index finger is off the fretboard. I hope this helps I'm not a pro but I've been playing barre chords a lot and it's something good to know. Also it takes time to get it down I still mute one string in between with my index so I'm working on that with finger strength.

Practice
-Play some bar-chords songs!!
-Create your bar-chords songs!!
-etc..
Just practice, everyone (atleast me) had the problem

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.