I need a site that would basically tell me all about the make up of a chord, like what makes D minor, D minor, or what makes Sus9add7, Sus9add7.

And are there any sites that basically have all Chords in a layout Determined by Key, or Name, Like a section for A Chords? I used to have a book with basically every chord in it, but I Don't have it anymore.

Also, If anyone has a site that talks about Keys and would basically help you with "Would X Riff sound good under Y Solo?" That would be great too.

So I need Chords and Keys help.
This site.
Why do we even have a lesson section?
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Jul 23, 2009,
Dude you need to learn intervals, otherwise when you read about why a Sus9add7 chord is called that, you won't remember it at all.

Intervals explain everything. When you know what a 9th or 7th is, and what 'sus' refers to, you wouldnt need various pictures and ridiculously long lists of chords with 9s and 7s in them to get your head around chords
Quote by Archeo Avis
This site.
Why do we even have a lesson section?

Perhaps Ive already looked at the lessons here and it doesn't have the information Im searching for?

Quote by voodoochild23
Dude you need to learn intervals, otherwise when you read about why a Sus9add7 chord is called that, you won't remember it at all.

Intervals explain everything. When you know what a 9th or 7th is, and what 'sus' refers to, you wouldnt need various pictures and ridiculously long lists of chords with 9s and 7s in them to get your head around chords

The Sus9add7 was just an example, but I need a link to somewhere That would Explain what Sus and Add refer too. I understand Intervals.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Jul 23, 2009,
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Perhaps Ive already looked at the lessons here and it doesn't have the information Im searching for?

The Sus9add7 was just an example, but I need a link to somewhere That would Explain what Sus and Add refer too. I understand Intervals.

There are multiple lessons that cover chord construction, including the sticky in this forum.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by Life Is Brutal

From what it sounds like, there are lessons on here with exactly what youre looking for...
Learn to harmonise the major scale - that will teach you how to construct chords by stacking thirds - so you'll be able to make triads and add extensions. Then look up how to alter chords and voila!

I think the Music Theory Faq sticky probably covers what you want to know