is it a major or an indie label? and are there any other mainly metal labels?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Century Media is mostly metal, and I'm pretty sure Nuclear Blast is major.

EDIT: Roadrunner is a pretty huge metal label as well.
Does it matter? If you get paid, you get paid, you can always sign on with a different label if they offer you more.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
It's mainstream, which means you will no longer be able to listen to any of its bands without knowing that you've forsaken your tr00 br00tal spirit.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by tayroar
Does it matter? If you get paid, you get paid, you can always sign on with a different label if they offer you more.

Yeah but the people that pay you like to influence you heavily since they see you as an investment. Suddenly they can choose the producer that chooses the mixing team that chooses your sound.
Quote by tayroar

Once you join a label, (most of the time) you're under contract and confined to the label for a given amount of time, so he has to think about choosing labels, you can't just hop around like a musical bunny on crack, or something.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Take what you can first, if you're getting paid, you're getting paid and if it's enough to get you by, that's already more than you can ask for, you're doing something that you love and getting paid for it(unless they assume creative control).

Once the contract is over, you would have gained enough publicity to be noticed by other labels and they can approach you when your contract is over.
Quote by KwikKopy
Yeah but the people that pay you like to influence you heavily since they see you as an investment. Suddenly they can choose the producer that chooses the mixing team that chooses your sound.

Nuclear Blast knows their sh*t. They can choose the shirt I wear for all I care. Have you heard some of the records they put out??
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Of course it's not a major label. There are 4 major labels: Warner, EMI, Sony, and Universal. Anything else is varying degrees of independent.
kill all humans