Alright so i'm liking the sound of this deal. I want to trade this guy for the olympic weights he wants (permitted he responds...it's been a while). Do you think this guitar would be worth the $500 in weights i want to trade him? Also, the add says that there's emg's in this guitar. I like the pickups but do you think they'll do this guitar any justice or would it be better off with the stock pu's?

Also, the add says floyd rose. That doesn't look like a floyd to me. Anyone else think it's an edge III?

Here's the add.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/msg/1274638067.html
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Jul 23, 2009,
thats an edge 3.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
thats an edge 3.

Ok, I'm glad it isn't just my eyes. Actually, i heard it's rather easy to get a floyd on this though. Can anyone confirm that?
Quote by alexpalka23
Ok, I'm glad it isn't just my eyes. Actually, i heard it's rather easy to get a floyd on this though. Can anyone confirm that?

i read somewhere that its just as easy as swapping it out, no extra routing needed.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I would say its worth it, permitting you like the Xiphos shape, because it's a great guitar
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
I would say its worth it, permitting you like the Xiphos shape, because it's a great guitar

I love the shape. I've always liked extreme shapes in my guitars. I'm hoping that this dude will mail me back. I don't even use what i want to trade him and i play the guitar like everyday so it's a good trade for me.

Quote by randomhero93
i read somewhere that its just as easy as swapping it out, no extra routing needed.

That's what i've heard too. I think it's something like drilling the holes bigger for the mounting screws and that's it. If it's that simple i may have to swap out the trems further down the road. I wouldn't mind having a nice ibanez with a floyd.
Quote by alexpalka23
I love the shape. I've always liked extreme shapes in my guitars. I'm hoping that this dude will mail me back. I don't even use what i want to trade him and i play the guitar like everyday so it's a good trade for me.

That's what i've heard too. I think it's something like drilling the holes bigger for the mounting screws and that's it. If it's that simple i may have to swap out the trems further down the road. I wouldn't mind having a nice ibanez with a floyd.

an easier solution, as far as no routing or drilling AT ALL is an Edge Pro. Retrofits the cavity
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
an easier solution, as far as no routing or drilling AT ALL is an Edge Pro. Retrofits the cavity

Cool, yeah i'll look into that too then. That would probably be a better upgrade then the floyd.